Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    These are very helpful, thanks! What sort of equipment are you wearing in these (most importantly, what animal handling treasure mods)?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    These are very helpful, thanks! What sort of equipment are you wearing in these (most importantly, what animal handling treasure mods)?
    My gear has mainly Fire Magic mods, only very little for AH in these videos:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Let me show you one with pet-focused gear.

This gear has:

Spoiler Spoiler:

As you can see, it's modded to hell and back and it still takes over a minute for my pet to kill a wolf way below it's level.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made one against a mob in Rahu, only a few levels below my pet, in above gear.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To give you another fight summary:

This is me in Lycan form, lvl 45, with my bear, with above gear, lvl 63. I'm 18 levels lower, but do 2x the damage my pet does.

This is my bear, to give you an idea of the boni it receives from my gear.

And here you can see the damage boost I have as Werewolf (117%):

With 18 levels below the pet, which I geared for properly, doing double damage, you can clearly see where this is going.
    Bear has 160% taunt, but with such an extreme damage difference, it'd need 300% just to catch up and take the lead.
    Now imagine my damage once my Lycan reaches lvl 63.

What to use the pet for? It can't hold aggro, so, not as tank. The damage is lower than even Mentalism or Psychology,both of which also provide healing and utility, so, not as damage dealer.

(Also notice how I'm not even using one of the good lycan skills, the damage difference would be even greater)
    Last edited by kazeandi; 08-05-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never botherd with animal taming cuz i thought if someone found a op way to actually make it usefull it would get nerfed eventually

but now i see i actually might be right

I smell a nerf coming

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, what's there to nerf? If anything, it needs a buff in the damage department.
    Some visual feedback for skills like Clever Trick and a check if it indeed works would be nice.

If it looks like I'd made it work, it's far from how it really plays

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for the videos!

After a very long search, I found a bug that causes pets' special abilities not to work, and it's fixed for the next update. That will make all pets a lot more powerful. (Not sure how widespread the problem is because it depends on specific networking scenarios between the player and the sub-server... but it's probably pretty widespread, based on the number of reports.)

Since the pets' abilities are currently broken on the live server, I may be the only person that's seen all of them, and I've only tested them briefly myself, so we'll have to see how it feels in the next snapshot.

As for your pet's base damage: I've boosted damage for all pets by a bit in the next update. And I just tried the example in your video (that polar bear against a bloodthirsty werewolf) and it seems pretty effective to me. But I want to clarify that the polar bear is a tanking pet, so it's never going to be a very fast killer, especially if you don't use the damage-boost abilities on it (Unnatural Wrath, Monstrous Rage).

Since it's a tank pet, not a damaging pet, I'm more concerned about whether it can hold aggro than how fast it kills something. I've adjusted the pet's aggro abilities for the next update, and I'd appreciate you trying it out to see how well it holds aggro for you. Including using the pet's abilities -- pets are balanced around the idea that you have decent gear for them and that you use the appropriate AH abilities to help them. For a polar bear you'd want to use Get It Off Me, which boosts their taunt by a huge amount, plus Sic 'Em and Clever Trick, because the bear's special abilities will also boost its taunt. For gear your current stuff seems okay: you'd want +Taunt gear, and stuff to help keep it alive.

A good damage setup should be a DPS pet (a cat or a grizzly) with mods for +base damage, +damage %, and armor-bypass. And using at least Monstrous Rage, Sic 'Em and Clever Trick during combat.

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to hearing how things play in the next snapshot.

Oh, also: I'm still working on tweaking the pet AI to keep them from getting distracted... that might be ready in the next snapshot, or might have to wait until a future snapshot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently trying to find a Hissy to tame, been a bit unlucky so far though
    I also unlocked lvl 70, right now 64, so I'll soon be able to make videos against lvl 70 mobs, which would be a proper test of pet power through all levels.

I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the patch, can't wait for it to hit live

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did some research and apparently, Tiger and Old Fangsworth have the same damage output Hissy has. Went ahead and tamed a Tiger - now for the grueling task of powerleveling it to make it useful.

I will probably go with 2 templates for support. Druid with a DD cat and Fire with a tank bear. The bear setup will take some time, because I need to have a competitive damage build to test tanking ability properly, whereas a weaker support skill can probably still keep a DD alive (or not, I'll find out).

So far, so good, this is the plan. But as I said, it's gonna take time.

Thread Footer