Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mushroom Farming

Well the system seem pretty straightforward, in the breakout the spreadsheet and day-planner kind of way.

i think if you do a moon check lore, you should get a little buff icon come up for the time remain in the day or the moon phase, The little icon should show you the moon phase graphically, and it's tool tip should tell you fancy name of the phase and the quarter one. This would help with mushroom farming.

However;
    If there is some trick to using 12 HR (etc) boxes, using them for multiply crops, I sure can't figure that out. You seed a 2 hr crop, come back right when it is done and your option is to retire the box. You close the dialog without clicking retire, it still despawns as soon as the dialog window closes.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If you return to the same mushroom box BEFORE its timer is expired, you should be able to start another crop of mushrooms. If you return AFTER the timer (e.g. on hour 13 of a 12-hour box) all you can do is harvest the existing crop. That's the intended behavior, anyway! It may be buggy.

Edit: it's buggy. Will be fixed in an update coming Friday!

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I'd like to gather more feedback on XP earned in this skill. We have reports that it's much too fast and much too slow. That's probably because the XP is earned per mushroom, and if you properly prepare, it's possible to harvest quite large batches of mushrooms. If you don't prepare properly, the XP earned will be small. There is random fluctuation involved as well -- if you use good fertiliizer and grow in the right moon phase, you can conceivably get hundreds of mushrooms at once (though the chances of that are small).

After you've grown a few dozen crops, please report your general opinion of the XP curve here, with notes on what you're raising and whether you're using appropriate fertiliizer / growing in appropriate moon phases!

Edited to add: the amount of XP earned from some of the substrate recipes is higher than intended, and the amount of XP earned from most of the grow-box recipes is lower than intended. Those will be tweaked in the next update. But in any case, the core way to earn XP here is supposed to be from growing mushrooms in grow-boxes!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First bit of data, I'll add a new set each day. Wasn't recording enough data from earlier days.

Day 1
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I like the way the HR boxes work, not what I was expecting but they even can be used the way I was expecting, neat.

Day 2

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm Les Nessman and this is the mushroom report.

Day 3

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok i throw some of main:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

All of them were grown in Lucky Box lv 6

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged