Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I AM ON A i7 6950X GTX 1080
    I noticed that every time I am near large rocks ( like kur near the URaks or rahu near the path to town or serbule around all large rock ) I have reduction in my fraps by 20-30 . anytime else I'm at 60 fraps . my ping is around 70-120 . my character swings around fraps drops . I have tried adjusting all settings to no avail .
    On side note I can now trade so thank you cause since 2014 I've never been able to do so .. I am on Gsync if that matter with 2k monitor . Also if I change my resolution through game from 2560/1440 to 1920/1080 yet the resolution does not change . also as changing where the tooltips are .... I am unable to do so .. Yes I used special abilities but no matter what I input whether Neg or pos it does not go to top left of screen .. After speaking with a few others who are on different resolutions they too experience same issue !!! anywho I am playing just fine . except for the erratic swings in char movements n fraps drop .

Side note ; When changing the tooltipx or Y settings regardless if I input anything neg or above 50 pos it goes back to right at my mouse point .. For some reason anything neg puts it back to original mouse . like it does not recognize it .

I want to personally thank you not only for being able to trade , but for all the hard work and long hours you and Srand n silvonis put into this game to make it great /bows

Wanted to add happens whether I input simple or fantastic settings
    Last edited by Sheawanna; 12-17-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's some sort of backside culling that is unrelated to video card, at least that's Citan's best guess.

At least, I have it happen to me when I'm on the PC with the VR setup and the tiny Mac Air with the Intel integrated. I haven't had it happen in awhile.

If you can do anything to reduce your network load or background processes it seems to happen less; like there's some sort of timing issue and the game is busy changing out one part of memory while your character is still moving. That's what's helped for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the 180 flip camera thing in Kur often, especially by the first tent a little past the entrance to the zone and anywhere mob density is very high. Serbule used to happen badly in the city but it seems much improved. My computer is no slacker either, GTX1070, 16 GIG DDR4 RAM, 1 TERRA SOLID STATE, AND AN ASUS GAMING MOTHERBOARD. I play battlefield 1 on ultra i 64 man servers with zero frame rate issues. Hope this gets fixed because its gotten me killed a fee times lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to mention this problem also as it's really is quite a pain for many people who may use the mouse at times. The frame rate drop is one thing, but the spinning round is another.

It ALWAYS happens when going past the player vendor stalls on entrance to Serbule. If using the mouse you can end up spinning right round, using the keyboard doesn't do this. It *seems* to be loading textures from either main memory or disk. it's perfectly repeatable and exact at this point.

If I have a constant angular velocity of 10 degrees per second, while turning slowly, surely a frame rate drop shouldn't spin you 180 degrees no matter what caused it. Since a 1 second frame drop (lets say) should still only turn you 10 degrees. There seems to be something "off" with the mouse input processing here. Maybe the mickeys get all buffered up I don't know.

I will try it with mouse acceleration off in case the input is coming from the normal mouse driver path instead of the direct mouse input thingy Microsoft added a few years ago.

As for the cause of the frame rate drop at this specific place I might do some profiling to see if I can see anything.

FYI this is on the lowest, fastest graphics setting, on a nvidia 880M 4Gb ram, 32Gb main ram.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murk, I have setting on simple on my machine one would think it would not happen , I Agree I think its something with the mouse . I can repeat as well by the player vendors but for me it happens around large rocks as well .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a bunch allocations lasting 70ms on my system - red, and no render bars at this time in yellow. I am not sure what sort of allocation it is at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Murk pretty much summed up what I was going to say. I also experience this issue randomly in parts of serbule, usually where everyone is hanging out by the well and almost always in the building with the cooking station. I spent today messing with all the graphic settings to try and get it to stop because I turn with mouse and it really was starting to get to me and making me dread trips back to town. I have a gtx 1080 and even lowering everything down to minimum I can't get it to go away, although it does happen considerably less. I don't really experience this issue anywhere else so the rest of the game is fine and playable, except maybe around the occasional large rock like others have mentioned.

I'm just happy to see that I'm not the only one and it will eventually get fixed. So until then I can just mouse turn in Serbule and be happy to be playing such a great game.
    Last edited by astronomicat; 01-02-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pile of NPC vendors and corners in dungeons does it to me.

But only when there's network inconsistency as well.

It might be hard to find because it's an 'and' situation?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    The pile of NPC vendors and corners in dungeons does it to me.

But only when there's network inconsistency as well.

It might be hard to find because it's an 'and' situation?
    What makes you think there is a network component to this?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
    What makes you think there is a network component to this?
    Because it's always associated with a spike of network traffic as well. At least in my examination on my local network.

My presumption is the client is reloading locations at the same time as reloading textures; perhaps one is waiting for the other?

Thread Footer