Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spinning around ; Lag

When trying to turn around, there is a noticeable lag and it spins you.

I have gig internet and a pretty good system
    Windows 10 pro
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 880K Quad Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Mem: 8gb
    Card name: AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6811)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Resolution 1080p

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This kind of sounds similar to the other current thread: NPCs and backface culling

I wonder if when the client is updated to 64bit if it might help with this issue, that update should be happening fairly soon. It might be an issue that will be addressed during the graphics tuneup that will happen during Beta phase. There is new graphic system content going in, or just recently implemented, might take time to iron out issue with that, and trying to do a quick fix now might have to be redone with other new systems like weather coming in, so they might be holding off on fine tuning graphics for that reason. We will have to wait till they get around to fixing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi ShieldBreaker

just posting bugs, not expecting quick fix...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the exact same problem with good hardware and internet as well. I don't know how more people aren't suffering from this. They must be on really old computers that all developers seem to cater to for some reason.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how more people aren't suffering from this. They must be on really old computers that all developers seem to cater to for some reason.
    Or maybe those ppl turn with keys and not mouse.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atis View Post
    Or maybe those ppl turn with keys and not mouse.
    The funny thing is... It does it even with auto-pathing. If the turn-around lag is happening, your character will walk past the target and flip around.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't do this as often to me right now, but I'll experience it on the big PC with the VR-development client and fancy expensive graphics card... Just as I do on my Macbook Air.

So I think it's a game reaction to packet lag or something.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The scenario you're describing is always, 100%, due to a sudden framerate drop on the client. To fix it we'd need to figure out exactly what causes it, which is an ongoing search, because there are likely dozens of causes. But none of them are related to your network connection at all.

The first thing to check whenever this happens is your framerate. See if it dips, then see if it dips when you turn your graphics settings to the lowest. Then see if it happens in specifically one place.

If you don't normally have this problem, but on some days it occurs worse than others, that's useful to report. For the "it suddenly happens/now it's gone again" scenarios, my current guess about the cause is that there's a round-off error in Unity's pathmapping system that very rarely causes monsters to get stuck in rocks or the ground. When the server is up for a month or so, the number of monsters can reach in the dozens. As you turn around, those monsters become non-culled -- the game tries to render them, even though they're in a nearby rock or whatever. And when the game suddenly has to render dozens of monsters animating, it causes a huge framerate drop for a moment, which can cause all kinds of client control issues. You can't see the monsters, but they're there, and tanking framerate. The fix is not simple but I'm definitely working on it!

The server rebooted on Sunday due to ISP work, so it shouldn't be occurring now. If it's still occurring now, but DIDN'T occur BEFORE Sunday, that'd be great to hear too, as it might mean my hypothesis is wrong.

For people who have this problem all the time, but only at specific places, that means there's too much graphical stuff coming into the camera view at once. It's something that can be fixed by localized optimization, which we aren't doing right now, but which we do on an area-by-area basis when we have enough reports.

For people who have this problem all the time everywhere, that means your FPS is bad all the time. You need to lower your graphics settings; there's not really anything we can do to magically improve FPS across the board during alpha!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, on my Air this happens... Sometimes. But not all the time. Not even most of the time! It's weird. And when it's happening, it happens mostly when going through doors or across graphical segments. And happens to NPCs as well as monsters. And sometimes it even happens on the PC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like to add that I also have had this issue since I came to play over the summer in July. It happens just turning, not necessarily turning around. It still always happens in Serbule Keep. Graphics settings don't seem to make any difference. I logged in today a little while and noticed it happening in Kur as well now by the Inn. Seems like a localization issue then?

Previous to this past summer I never had this issue anywhere in game.

Thread Footer