Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cursor reset on rotate

Everytime I rotate the camera using the right mouse button, the cursor gets reset to the center of the screen. I bought the game two days ago and I love it, however this small problem has quickly become incredibly frustrating and makes the game unplayable for me. I'm constantly rotating my character and clicking buttons so it happens with almost everything I do in-game. I really hope someone can help me with this.

I've seen a lot of similar cursor issues, but none specifically like mine. I've already tried:
    - Switch fullscreen/windowed and resolution
    - Experimenting with mouse settings under control
    - Running in administrater mode and using compatibily mode with high DPI scaling override
    - Lowering my mouse polling rate from 1000hz to 500hz, I really don't see 125hz as an option since I also play shooters
    - Validating game files(I bought the game on Steam)
    - Reinstalling the game

Thanks in advance for any response :)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post

Yes, you are missing that you can turn with the right mouse button instead of use the left mouse button to mouselook. That should give you the behavior you were expecting from mouselook.
    Found this in a similar thread, this seems it was the answer in that thread. Hopefully it is here also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    Found this in a similar thread, this seems it was the answer in that thread. Hopefully it is here also.
    Sadly it actually happens with both mouse buttons for me. Whenever I use any mouse button(s) to rotate, it resets the cursor to the center of the screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use A or D to turn, the right mouse button moves you to where the pointer is, or if pointing to an object or an NPC, it interacts with it. I didnt know you could set it up to turn or maybe some other game you have played did that and you expected it to that way here too, but it doesnt. I have found when I am drunk and drunkeness can make turn occassionally, I will use right click to insure I go straight ahead and no get turned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figger1 View Post
    i use A or D to turn, the right mouse button moves you to where the pointer is, or if pointing to an object or an NPC, it interacts with it. I didnt know you could set it up to turn or maybe some other game you have played did that and you expected it to that way here too, but it doesnt. I have found when I am drunk and drunkeness can make turn occassionally, I will use right click to insure I go straight ahead and no get turned.
    Rotating by pressing a mouse button and dragging the mouse is actually something you can always do in this game. There is no setting for it, so you can't even disable it. Rotating with the mouse like this won't move you anywhere neither will it make you interact with something. Even if it were to move me or make me interact with something, unlike mouse rotation there is actually a setting for that so it could be turned off.

Now about the turning with A and D, I presume you are suggesting I use that instead of the mouse to rotate. I've read this suggestion in multiple other threads regarding cursor related issues, however that is not a fix. I am used to rotating with the right mouse button since that is the main way of rotating used in every other third person rpg or mmorpg. Because of this I really don't want to try and get used to using A and D and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to since I play other games aswell.

Sorry if all that came across a bit harsh there, I just felt the need to point all that out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update, I tried setting the polling rate of my mouse to 125hz but that still didn't fix it. I read about that being a temporary fix for a lot of people having similar issues in other games.

I also want to add that the issue occurs when I try to click on an npc or interactable object. The mouse sometimes moves a tiny bit while I try to click on something, making the cursor reset to the center of the screen immediately. Very often when I click on something it resets the cursor the first two, sometimes even three times. Very annoying and I really hope someone knows a potential fix, this game really seems amazing.
    Last edited by Nielser; 08-01-2020 at 03:49 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm just curious, what OS are you running?

As far as your problem goes, we are aware of the issue. Unfortunately, it is a problem with the Unity Game Engine and we can't fix it on our end. We are hopeful that Unity will fix the issue in a future update, but there's nothing affirmative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using Windows 10.

I understand that the game is developed the way it was intended by design, and it is very dissapointing to hear Unity has an issue with this that needs to be fixed. I do think however that the problem could be fixed on your end considering most other Unity games don't have this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i messed with it to see what the problem is you are having and i am not having that problem, i did notice i would have to increase 'mouse avatar turn speed' in order to make it turn faster. I do remember in the past that sometimes the pointer would be stuck inside a 3 inch by 3 inch box at bottom middle of screen but that hasnt happened for a while, when you moved the pointer to top of screen, the pointer would immediately go back to the middle of that box but that issue was fixed a few updates ago. Maybe the cause is your other settings, i once saw a video on youtube that showed what settings you could turn down or disable to optimize the game better and thats what i did. I dont remember what video is was.I was having a problem after last update with the ice steps in kur and some ice on a hill that were invisible but I disabled the 'Spherical Camera Culling (Optimization)' and that fixed it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked and, indeed, I have the same problem as OP. I run on Windows 10 with a decent system. I'm not sure if this began with the last update or not though.

I tend to play intermittently, and am always having to relearn the mouse behavior and any selection box issues. I was thinking this was just a matter of my clumsiness, but see that is exactly what is happening with the cursor.

However, I will be the first to say that, over time, optimization gets better and better, and bugs get addressed. I hope you can be patient. It's a great game.
    a.k.a. Cailin, often accompanied by her well-mannered rat Paddy

Thread Footer