Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Civic Pride and litter

So I started to think about trying to get my civic pride up and I had an idea. What if picking up litter that people drop in towns gave civic pride exp? Thematically it fits really well and people are always dropping random items in town.

The downside is that I know what I'm suggesting is easily exploitable. Just get 2 people in a corner somewhere that repeal drop items and pick up each others.

Maybe put some kind of limit on how many items you can pick up in a town per X amount of time for exp.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I quite like this idea. Perhaps to deal with the potential exploit that you pointed out, there could be some kind of timer after you drop something where you couldn't earn xp for picking something up, or something along those lines ? (It would have to be at least a bit more involved, since you could still have one person "feeding" another items if that were the only condition.)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What about people who are trying to do art with their litter, or setting out a set of meals for an occasion in the inn. Or just trying to swap a couple items around from storage to inventory and back. Some new player going to want the xp and just grab all the stuff up.

Also this doesn't mainly address items that have no resale or potential use. Items dropped this way are usually considered junk. A firkin with 10% durability left can't be sold to a vendor and a low level player likely trying to gain civic pride not going to be able to use it because no cheese making levels. So they are probably going to end up dropping it someplace else. Anything attuned also falls into this category.

I am thinking that trash cans and donation bins might be more of a solution maybe. Storage location with first call to be cleaned up by the servers, and maybe if you put 10 items in the trash or donation bin and don't take anything out in the day then you get a small XP reward at the end of the day. Maybe Elves not even allowed to take anything out of trash given their clean obsession. If there was a trash can I would have someplace to go with all my belt buckles, which currently take up way too much of my storage. Maybe a midden heap out behind a barn or some other build in town would be more in line with the theme of the game.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure if we need separate trash cans when you can just gift junk to vendors (which is the current method i and i assume most people use to clean up the trash).

I like the idea of some kind of recycling center/swap meet where we can put items that aren't complete trash (like say poe's message is, but a skinning knife is not) that maybe someone might want to use.

Overall this idea needs some fleshing out, but i hope we can make it work, as i feel i'm doing more of a public service gifting those 3 beginner arrows to the nearest vendor than turning off a lamp in the morning.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made this suggestion before. So clearly I support this idea!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random silly idea:
    Instead of having a generic garbage/donation bin, we could have a charity of the week/month actively soliciting donations of specific items. For example, one week we might have the Deer Preservation League collecting grass and apples, as well as asking players to turn in all their arrows as a pledge to never again harm our furry friends. The week after that, the Serbule Beautification Society might be looking for donations of flowers, flower seeds, benches and dyes (because dyes can totally be used for giving houses a fresh coat of paint).

This could also lead to special events: Maybe an increase in work order payouts could be explained by the large number of weapons that have been donated to the Concerned Citizens' Roadside Safety Committee the week before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really love the idea of Civic Pride in the lands, as it resonates true to my real world philosophy. I tend to pick up random garbage when I walk through my downtown area in real life, so I want to do this in the MMO world also. I like lighting the lanterns at night and this thread has some really juicy ideas for expanding on the Civic Pride aspect of Project: Gorgon!

This kind of thing truly promotes and enriches a sense of community!

I always use the 'Small Talk' infobutton with each NPC so I can keep trackof what items they all prefer as gifts. The favor reward adds up and helps mekeep inventory management at tolerable levels. Adding something to this, such as imaginatively suggested by Tagamogi, would really be great incentive to gain Civic Pride.

Thread Footer