Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New and disabled

Hi,
    I am new to the game and wanted to introduce myself. First off, I am here because I played Asherons Call (you may remember me, Merryjuana on MT) and when I found out that Eric was devving this game I knew I had to get involved. AC was, bar none, the best game I have ever played and probably ever will play. So here I am. Now, on to why I felt compelled to write an intro.
    I suffer from debilitating Rheumatoid Arthritis. My hands are horribly deformed from it. This makes typing very difficult. In fact gaming in general is difficult but I will literally die before I stop gaming. Anyway, all of my chars are named Merry followed by something (my current one is MerryBella) and you will no doubt see me around and I ask that you be understanding about my typos and super slow responses. I will also most likely get the group wiped more than once if you are brave enough to group with me lol. I just hit wrong keys with parts of my hand that get in the way.
    In addition, if the devs need any help with any accessibility features or anything like that I am happy to be a guinea pig.
    Anyway, it is great to be here and I look forward to meeting more of you guys. The people I have met so far have been wonderful. It is nice to be part of a good community again (AC was so good). Thank you for your time,
    Merry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice to meetcha, my name in game is the same one you see here. My first MMO was AC from Morningthaw server where I also had the same name.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Merry and welcome to the game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Merry. I think I ran into you a time or two. I am Dibbuk on MT.

I understand RA. It runs in my family as well.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I use an old Nostromo or Tartarus to game with, because then I can chord without moving my hand. The Tartarus's hand-rest is too short for me, since I can't curl my fingers enough to use it, but I was able to take the rest off and extend it by unscrewing the back. That might help, it helps with my RSI - I've never been able to write or draw but I can find keyboarding positions that keep my fingers in stretched positions.

Another thing I always rail about is being able to change text size independent of visual elements. Bigger text for those with weaker eyes (or smaller high-res screens!) is essential.

I'd love to adventure with you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya,

So far, Project Gorgon doesn't project to be the kind of game where ultimate precision becomes required. As it stands right now, there are a lot of group events and dungeons where everyone does what they can, regardless of level, skill-line or gear. I'd be surprised if there will be a focus on requiring precision in group activities like there has been in other games. The game provides some flexibility. For example, the players who want to do more intense activities will find each other and do that. But the people here are so nice, they will always include people in more easy going runs too.

My first GM in WoW was a blind man waiting for and recovering from eye surgeries. Typing was never going to work for him, but he could see enough to play with company. So we set up a VOIP. And that made everything better. Some of the guilds have VOIP available. And there's Gorgon's Head Public Discord, where everyone is welcome: https://discord.gg/kRpTp3S .

Welcome to Gorgon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the fact that all content is open including dungeons means that anyone can do content. To me that means you don't need to have a precise skill build - the only thing you need is the ability to get to that content. I am the same way. I will die gaming. Welcome to the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NIce to meet you Merry. I have a learning disability called "Developmental topographical disorientation". I have trouble forming a mental map and orienteering. I live and die in games based on the quality of the mini-map (this makes PG challenging as most interiors don't have maps yet). I get lost often.

If you're feeling equally brave, I'd love to group with you. I also use Eachna in game.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi, Merry! Welcome to Project Gorgon. All we ask is that you have fun with us!
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Hi, Merry! Welcome to Project Gorgon. All we ask is that you have fun with us!
    Don't forget Hood, we are a serious group of gamers and no fun is allowed....haha.

Thread Footer