Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's just for a weekend, you could get crazy. Like...

Curse of Moo-re Cow
    It's just the right moon, or perhaps the weather! Maronessa's curse went contagious, infecting humanoids. You have to find the right elements to help keep the contagion under control. (Excuse to meet weather-witch characters, each level group could need a different cure, meaning a different creature or zone to seek out the cure in. And of course, lots of whining from the elves in Serbule!)

Yeah, it's like the bat curse, but if it's just for a weekend, well... If the mechanics are set up, this could be a re-occuring thing in different flavors (deer, pig, spider, etc) and solutions (Fae, alchemy, crystal augury, etc)

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lots of great ideas in here, thanks guys! I'm actually planning to implement a few of these... although I won't say which ones yet because I'm not sure which will be easily do-able.

Right now, I'm sticking to "personal quests", where each player gets their own copy of the quest and can complete it at their own pace. I really like the idea of "group events", and it's in the plans to support them, but right now the tech isn't ready yet. The existing "group quests" (guild quests and druid-event quests) each have some specialized code hacked in just for them, and they aren't very reusable for other activities yet. That will change as we progress with other content... and actually, I could "fake it" by using an NPC to tally completions, such as "NPC Bob needs 500 people to complete this solo quest" -- that would be a sort of hybrid solo-group activity. But for the next few events, I'm just going to stick to fairly straightforward solo-able quests.

Please keep the ideas coming!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tourist Trap
    Ivyn and Jara want to lure more travelers to their farm for overnight visits. Supply them with interesting items and they will reward with produce and maybe a gardening potion.

Marital Troubles
    Kalaba has gone and forgot to skin one too many Fey Panthers, and Kleave has finally snapped. They are having a fight and Kalaba needs to make amends. Get a list of things to sooth things over between the two the main one being a Trophy Panther Skin and you will be rewarded with some blacksmithing tools or goods (like maybe a silver statue).

Stay of Public Execution
    Okay have a bit of a problem describing this one because I tune out Blanche and Rita, so I don't know which is in trouble and which is worried. Basically the idea is that the one that doesn't know not to call Rakshasa fluffy kitty cats meets a high ranking Onkara Officer out in the wilds while foraging. One thing leads to another and the Officer and Elf are spied on by a Onkara subordinate that witnesses the Officer letting himself be called a fluffy kitty cat. The subordinate reports to General Pask and the Officer and Elf are arrested. The are charged with whatever offense that falls under and are due to be executed at the start of the next week.
    This leads to Two Task
    Simple task,
    Help the remaining gossip get a grip.
    Bring a list of items, the main being a pick-me-up juice to the remaining inn porch elf. She'll be there but the other won't be. She will carry on with her side of conversations but no one will answer, this is due to shock and a psychotic break that makes her ignore that her friend is gone. Bring her items to keep her going and busy until the other elf can be rescued.
    Complex task
    Head to Rahu to slip items to friends (NPCs) to get the execution overturned. Some elaborate plan is in the works and by bringing the right food ingredients and alchemy potions, and maybe a enchanted nail to mess up the execution device, you will disappoint the crowd but save a beloved NPC.
    Not sure about rewards for this.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 06-25-2017 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One more idea, but it might break the no new tech requirement.

My thought is along the lines of having to deliver Word of Power Scrolls to NPC to cure them of some problem. In the most simplified version it could be something like
    Jaime Fatholm needs a Underwater Breath word of power. She got some maps but they lead to the bottom of the lake, so she needs a word to help use the maps. You gift or show up with a word of power scroll and then some check takes place, if the RNG indicates that the scroll given is the one needed, it is taken and the quest is complete. If the scroll isn't right maybe it just disappears and you are told by the NPC it is wrong and bring another one. Or maybe you are shown the usual this is you word of power pop-up and the NPC says see not the right one, which would allow you to write down the word for later use yourself. Another idea is maybe an NPC is cursed into animal form and they need a word to reverse it. Or some NPC is tired of giving directions to people to get to such and such a place just wants a teleport word to give out to people.

Now to completely ignore the no new tech rule. >:-)
    Pretty much the same as above but you are asked to bring a bunch of word of power scrolls, say 10. The NPC is then going to use a lore skill to get a non-destructive hint about which word is on each scroll. So handing the scrolls and getting your reward is just a basic quest and the lore skill is just game description stuff. But what I am imagining is that the new Lore Skill is the reward for handing in the scrolls. This new lore skill, tells you what a word of power will be if you accept it when you use the skill, which then uses up the scroll and you are given the pop-up with the word that will do what you were told it would do. If you decline, the scroll becomes unreadable for a day and needs to be repaired the next day before you can try again. Repair requires phlogiston of different levels depending on the power of the word.

Thread Footer