Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't login to one character

One character won't login - i get to the loading screen and it stops at 'working'

The chatbox loads, can't reply though

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is from an older update but maybe still applies.

<source=https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...tes-May-9-2017>
    ...GRAPHICS PROBLEMS ...

#1: If your game crashes after the update (or takes 3+ minutes to load the area, which is a kind of crash), try this work-around FIRST:

Open the Options menu. This is gear-shaped icon towards the bottom of the right-hand sidebar.
    Hit the button for Graphics, then the Advanced Overrides button at the bottom of that panel.
    Click the Override checkbox next to "Water Quality" and move the slider to 2.
    The higher values of Water Quality -- quality levels 3 and 4 -- can cause crashes on some video drivers, and this is the current workaround. (You are basically disabling reflections in the water.)

If the game crashes immediately after you log in, leaving you unable to change the configuration settings before it crashes, USE A DIFFERENT CHARACTER, OR start the game in Safe Mode from the launcher.

It can also be helpful to reboot after a crash, because video drivers are crap.

If your game continues to crash after you try this work-around, please follow the steps on the wiki for reporting a client crash: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/H...a_Client_Crash

#2: If you are running on Fantastic and get a severe framerate hiccup every few seconds, you need to turn off "sky reflection probes" in the advanced options:

Open the Options menu. This is gear-shaped icon towards the bottom of the right-hand sidebar.
    Hit the button for Graphics, then the Advanced Overrides button at the bottom of that panel.
    Click the Override checkbox next to "Sky Reflection Probles" and click the Enable button so that it is disabled.

#3: If the game is too dark at night, enable "Brighter World":

Hit the button for Graphics.
    Check the "Brighter World" checkbox.

#4: Graphics have changed. For general performance problems, try turning off all your old overrides and set your graphics quality to at least Good. You can bump up the quality and test out the overrides from there.

(Also note that there are now several more intermediary levels of "Water Quality". If you had manually overridden your water quality to be at max value, you should change it, because the old max value is now just mediocre.)

BONUS #5: "Help, my character is stuck and I can't log in!"

Normally the best thing to do here is to log in with a DIFFERENT character (or make a new one -- the newbie island's graphics requirements are intentionally low), then lower your graphics and turn off all advanced overrides, and then try to log in again with your stuck character. But if nothing works and you really want to un-stick your character, you can use the special /unstickchar command. Log in with a different character, and type this into the chat box (no quotes): "/unstickchar OtherPerson", where OtherPerson is the name of your stuck character. That character will be teleported to the newbie island, allowing you to log in with them.
    Hopefully you can find something in there that will help. If after trying all kinds of graphics voodoo and "/unstickchar OtherPerson" there is asking for additional help here or contacting support directly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello^^
    I'm upping the topic because I just downloaded the game yesterday but the screen is stuck on "Working: Connecting..." and it seems like the game can't load...
    I also tried to start the game in "Safe Mode" but the screen is still stuck on "Working: Connecting". My connection is good but it's an ethernet one and I have another MMORPG (Aura Kingdom) which also doesn't work in my apartment, but works perfectly at my parents' house..

Does anyone have an idea why I can't load any online game despite the connection being better than my parents' wifi?

Edit: I think it's because I live in my university, and the network is shared by lots of students so they may be blocking online gaming, right?
    Last edited by Adva; 06-16-2017 at 02:57 AM.
    🌻

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's probably because your university's firewall blocks gaming ports. We use port 9002, which is used by a few other online games, but it isn't used for anything "serious", so it's unlikely that you'll be able to get it approved by the university's IT department. However, you may be able to circumvent the firewall restrictions by using a proxy service -- some are free, some aren't. Some are safe, some are scammy... it's a crapshoot. (Google proxy service for more info!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aah I see, thanks for the answer
    I'll perhaps try that but for now I'm at my parents' house so it's fine ^^
    🌻

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for future reference the problem wasn't the connection or anything - I had a power outage and the game didn't log me out properly

I had to find someone to go where I was and rez me to get that account to work again

Thread Footer