Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Pet Bear Lv 63 vs Bloodthirsty Werewolf Lv 50

Hello, this is a video of my pet Polar Bear, Lvl 63, versus a Bloodthirsty Werewolf, Lvl 50.

Look at the damage numbers.

I used Feed Pet on cooldown and tried Clever Trick 2x. CT is supposed to do a 50 Armor refresh and (insert miracle here).
    There was a refresh the first time I used it, but not the second time.
    No miracles occurred either.

Apart from that, look at the damage. A pet 13 levels above the enemy shouldn't hit for such tiny amounts.

I really hope the upcoming fix to Animal Handling (one can always hope, right?) will address the issue.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow-up video:

Normal fight vs werewolf, not bothering with Animal Handling at all, just having the pet as a kind of mobile dot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow-up:

Having the pet run in, grab aggro and wait a bit till it's established as tank:

I saved 3 seconds ^^; by having the pet tank.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun with the pet's AI:

Note how I send the pet in to one thing, it runs to something different, gets hit by yet something else and runs off into the sunset (Insert cheesy Western tune here).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @kazeandi - As another player, I just want to say that I really appreciate you taking the time to do these videos. I was playing animal handling when the pet and aggro changes happened last year, and after filing a couple bug reports, I decided to just move on to another skill since ah the way it was made me want to tear out my hair. So, I definitely admire your persistence in sticking with it. I'd like to go back to ah at some point - hopefully your videos will help the devs in pinpointing some of the problems. Thank you!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can imagine that between planning, designing, coding, debugging, among other things, in-depth testing of things like balancing would take a back seat. Especially since it's a test version, with players to mention all the rough edges.

Some things in the mid-level and highlevel content probably run on assumptions and calculations, so I thought videos show best what's going on. My hope is that the devs can find out by watching them from their unique POV, with their internal knowledge.

Let's hope they get this skill sorted out. Would be a waste if nobody would want to bother with it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for putting the pieces together and recording it. That's the backbone of testing!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have a week off soon (in a week, o-bon holidays), maybe I can make some more then - unless a patch comes out.
    Or maybe because a patch came out, to show the beauty of balanced pet class play

Oh wait, Necromancy, Necromancy...
    Last edited by kazeandi; 08-03-2017 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do see the issues of AH but what if that's roughly the way it's supposed to be, maybe to devs making them more powerful would tip the scale to a point where using AH would be like soloing with 2 characters.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragone View Post
    I do see the issues of AH but what if that's roughly the way it's supposed to be, maybe to devs making them more powerful would tip the scale to a point where using AH would be like soloing with 2 characters.
    If this is what's intended, then all the time designing and coding the system was for naught, because nobody's actively playing it beyond 50.

Even I have so far been waiting with the unlock 60+. It's a substantial sum. Unlocking every other skill would do more for me, power-wise.

Thread Footer