Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, that's great! If others want to chime in, now's a great time to do so.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmentaler View Post
    @Crissa Fried crab yields 3, so you actually just need 48 to complete the work order.
    Oh! The recipe doesn't say that. Still alot of crabs. I got to like 32 before I decided to take a break as I'd picked all the crab in Serbule.

I don't think it's even possible to level with a dietary restriction. First off, there aren't enough foods. Secondly... The moment you try something that's not, bam, you failed. How would you know from the descriptions?

Maybe we need a 'taste' Lore recipe for gaining Gourmand and finding out if something is vegan/etc. It could work like Autopsy and lead us to know how many other recipes exist in the world or something.
    Last edited by Crissa; 06-16-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to point out players vendors that sold food have pretty much disappeared, not sure how many people relied on them and the aftermath of this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    During the weekend all the food gets bought off both player and npc vendors alike due to the larger playing population.
    @Crissa buttered vegetables are vegetarian but not vegan. There was an update that made adjusted it to real life.

To everyone in this thread, great work helping fix a difficult skill to balance. @Emmentaler I'm impressed

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really detailed post, thanks Emmentaler for writing it. I did read but I don't have much to add except 2 small things

-muntok peppercorns-I wrote a lot of reports on those but now I have decent amounts of them thanks to GK drops. That seems to be the main source of muntok peppercorns but one needs to consistently run GK to get them
    -what Emmentaler said about a dish costing way less than the sum of the ingredients is true and imho we should report it as bug every time we notice that in a recipe. Even the face value of the ingredients is higher, not to mention the market value of said ingredients (especially with cheese)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to add that it would be very helpful to get a method of gardening/farming that is like Ice Fishing but for gardening. Many other MMO's have gone this route, but lets say Cabbage that takes an hour to grow but you use the items in advance and can leave it. Or Beets that take 4 hours to grow, same thing. I'm not sure on the exact method but many of us are very weary of gardening, due to the lack of interaction with the world, but want the items from it. Ice Fishing was a great alternative for me for getting Perch reliably, and I think a long-growth style of gardening could help the economy a lot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Profitability: The Serbule innkeeper should serve as a limited reseller of prepared player foods and drink by consignment. The purpose behind this is to enable new players to sell items created to other PCs prior to overcoming the considerable barrier to player stall vendoring. The NPC to model this consignment after would be joeh (though consignment would be limited to prepared foods and drink in this case).

2. Storage: The Serbule innkeeper should serve as a limited storage NPC for cooking-related components. The purpose behind this is to ameliorate the lack of storage available to players early on. The NPC to model this storage after would once again be joeh (though storage would be limited to cooking-related components in this case).

3. Recipes: More cooking recipes (particularly early tier recipes) should be awarded as a side product of 'Do Favor' and 'Hang Out' completions with various innkepers. New players shouldn't spend every council they farm buying recipes from the Serbule innkeeper, and if they don't many of the cooking-related components they've collected will go unused. This issue is compounded by the inefficient means to sell off surplus components (see point 1) and the insufficient item storage early on (see point 2).

4. Stomach drops should be more common, or (preferably) recipes requiring a stomach (ex. various rennet) should have higher yields per stomach.

5. Jars of milk should stack, and player cows should be able to flag themselves to allow milking without being prompted by a pop-up window. (Also give player cows minor 'cow' skill line experience for being milked, particularly if no flagging option is added?)
    Last edited by snowe; 06-27-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to comment on the comparison of Ur-Bacon vs. Great Bacon. Ur-Bacon requires 2 cedar wood chips (so one cedar log since a log yields 2 chips), a femur, a salt, and 1 pork shoulder. It has a gourmand requirement of 15 and refills 200 hp and 50 power.
    Great Bacon requires 1 great pork shoulder and 2 salt. It has a gourmand requirement of 20.
    The ingredients in Ur-Bacon are arguably harder to come by so my suggestion is to flip flop the gourmand and cooking level requirements and bonuses since great pork shoulder can be gathered in sun vale quite readily. Or give Ur-bacon a slight edge bonus wise..perhaps 240 and 60.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I wanted to say thanks again for the feedback here, especially Emmentaler's extremely detailed per-recipe suggestions. I've been working to reduce some of the resource problems mentioned here (for instance, the lack of coral mushrooms is hopefully reduced via Mushroom Farming), and some of the recipe-specific suggestions will find their way into the game in the next update! (Others are waiting on more resource-changes that will be coming in future updates.)

Thread Footer