Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPU overheating after recent update

My CPU is overheating causing my pc to shut down about 5-10 minutes into the game. I had no problem at all playing all day/night prior to the recent update (never had an overheating problem even playing the most graphically intensive games).

Wondering if there were changes made in this update that may be overly taxing my pc, or if the timing of the overheating issue is merely a coincidence.

Asus Desktop PC K30AD_M31AD_M51AD Series
    Intel Core i7-4770S CPU @ 3.10GHz
    12GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192 bit)
    Last edited by kirawroth; 06-10-2017 at 08:06 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What is you GPU graphics cards temperature doing at the time of cpu overheating? If you graphics card is running really hot, it will slow down how fast the computer in general can cool the CPUs. I'll keep a eye on my CPU usage and temp to see if I notice a increase from this patch. So far I haven't noticed anything unusual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100C - I have been playing other games just fine all day, GPU only gets to 74C with the other games. Thanks for offering to help me resolve this issue, I really appreciate it!

I forgot to mention that I put the graphics down to just "Good" and still have the same problem. Yet prior to the update, I had it on the very best graphics without any issues.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There weren't any new graphics changes in the most recent update, it was just new content and server-side changes. In fact the only changes I can think of in the game client were bug-fixes, like the loading screen glitches and cursor issues. So I suspect it's just a coincidence.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirawroth View Post
    100C - I have been playing other games just fine all day, GPU only gets to 74C with the other games. Thanks for offering to help me resolve this issue, I really appreciate it!

I forgot to mention that I put the graphics down to just "Good" and still have the same problem. Yet prior to the update, I had it on the very best graphics without any issues.
    If your graphic card is running at 100C you really need to limit your playtime and keep an eye on temperatures.

Benny1893m wrote this about performance with a NVIDIA card
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny1893m View Post
    Edit.
    Well, it seems I was able to fix the issue, now I get more than 100 fps.
    I don't know exactly what setting did the trick, but the two I suspect are in the nvidia control panel.
    In Manage 3d settings, I changed the global setting "Power management mode" from the default value to maximum performance and "multi display/mixed gpu acceleration" from the default to single display performance mode.

Maybe this will help someone else in the future.
    At those temperatures your getting, I would seriously start thinking about underclocking your GPU for Project: Gorgon.
    and you might want to look at Lifewire: 11 Ways to Keep Your Computer Cool

But I find Project: Gorgon does run hotter on graphics then most games and not unusual for it too want to use 100% GPU load for extended periods of time. Graphic Optimization is an item slated to be worked on closer to Launch, not a focus during Alpha.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 06-10-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this issue! This is my all time favorite game, so I am determined to get my pc in working order asap so I can continue playing. I'm going to try everything you suggested and may even bring it to a shop to get a better fan or something. I am enjoying this game far too much to go without it for too long I am so grateful for your advice and feedback!

Thread Footer