Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mob selection feedback (Especially with Unarmed)

Given that with unarmed you have a range of knock backs and stuns it means that you can, and maybe should knock back or stun various enemies in turn while you deal with each of them.

The trouble is, I find, that is it very hard to select the correct mobs while doing this, especially if there is more than two in the vicinity. I have bound previous/next mob to the keys Q and E respectivly (and moved the strafe down to Z and C, which I think might also make a better default. [I have S for run toggle becuase num-lock messes up the keypad] - I digress)

So the problem is that, you knock back one enemy, work on another, and knock back that one, and when you come to go back to the first enemy it all goes wrong if mobs move around or new ones appear, and you end up running down the corridor after some new mob if you're not careful.

What I think would be useful for UA, and, infact everyone is a way to select different mobs directly somehow.

For example. say, alt-1 for the first mob, alt-2 for the second and so on, and the selections stick somehow, so that when the first mob dies the bindings don't change, otherwise it becomes confusing again. The thing is I don't really have a good idea how that might work. One way might be to have a number around a mob when you press alt or whatever that you can use to select said mob direcly. Although this might not be satisfactory for various reasons. Another way might be to say that mob 1 is the first mob you attack, mob 2 is the second, and so on. This might work without any visual cues even, and perhaps after the firsr mob dies it would make sense to "move the list down" so that mob-2 now has binding to mob-1 (i.e. alt-1, for example) It's hard to say.

I think it certainly would be a useful thing. selecting mobs with the mouse isn't a goer really it's far too slow for any UA activity, adn prev/next isn't working out well for me at the moment.

Anyone have thoughts?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This, more than likely, won't happen before we have a new GUI. Then, it's debatable if we want it in the game or not (I'm for it, but I understand if people argue against it).

In EQ 1 you have a target window and hotkeys to select targets as they are listed, and you can also see your aggro vs others. Basically all kind of tricks useful in complex fights. If the feature is implemented, maybe it can be a source of inspiration.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the UI needs serious re-work on that issue. You can't click on the mobs reliably, either. I expect the upgrade to help with this, if not sooner, then later.

In WoW I did it by using gestures - mouseover would select one of the mobs, and say which one in the lower right, and then when I selected the ability, it would hit the mob I was pointing at. Assuming I was pointing at something, then it would just go through tab targeting as normal.

Getting back to the mob you were last fighting or hitting the mob that hit you last is something the current UI does very poorly.

Thread Footer