Knife fighting is what I use as my primary combat skill, along with Psychology on the secondary bar. Early on, I found it a great combination and found myself out-killing many of my friends.

But oh, OH how that has changed!

Early on, damage was probably a little too high, say level 10 through 40. But after that, my damage has plateaued while other skills (sword, druid, archery, cow) seemed to do more and more damage as they leveled up.

I am currently sitting on lvl 70 knife fighting, with 2 points from bonuses. I do, on boss mobs, roughly 300 more points of damage than I did 20 levels ago, which sucks in higher level areas. I have since upgraded my mods, but the base damage of higher end knife fighting abilities is super low:

Opening Thrust - 119 (81 base)
Venomstrike - 381 (180 base)
Gut - 350 (142 base)
Surprise Throw - 884 (393 base)
Fan of Blades (AoE, 15 meters) - 406 (198 base)
Backstab - 1207 (660 base)

I think these numbers are a little low, but I am operating within a vacuum as I was told there are essentially no high level knife fighters to give feedback Well here's my two cents: please increase knife fighting damage so that it is a viable skill at higher levels, because right now it is totally not worth playing, and I am only sticking with it because the throwing knives make me wax nostalgic for the Thrown Weapons skill back in Asheron's Call.