Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Thread: PG Json Parser
  1. #21
    Senior Member mrwarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    1 (727 Banked)
    I would also like to point out that if you used a previous version of the parser (v306 or earlier), you should clear out the folder you run it in of all *.dll files and just use the v307 .exe standalone. If you don't, the parser will crash every time after you hit 'Start'.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

  2. #22
    Senior Member Niph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    355
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,336 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashreon View Post
    I also noticed that a few of the icons are now missing in the build planner, I suspect it is because of new icons in the game.

    Edit: this is a real bug I introduced when fixing the crash in the old (306) client loading version 307.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ashreon View Post
    Secondly, builds don't seem to actually... save their data anymore sad face..

    Edit: as far as I can tell, loading is indeed bugged but if you reload a file it works.


    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    I would also like to point out that if you used a previous version of the parser (v306 or earlier), you should clear out the folder you run it in of all *.dll files and just use the v307 .exe standalone. If you don't, the parser will crash every time after you hit 'Start'.
    Edit: I confirm the issue. The program can't delete these files itself due to a limitation in Windows, so I have added a dialog box to tell the user to do it manually.
    Last edited by Niph; 09-27-2018 at 03:59 AM.

  3. #23
    Member Ashreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    229 (0 Banked)
    Achievements First Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    I'm at the office, so can't check that but I'll take a look tonight and update this post.
    Well, they do save it, but they don't load the saved version it seems. At least mine loads up blank even though there's save data in the txt file..

  4. #24
    Senior Member Niph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    355
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,336 (0 Banked)
    I just uploaded a new version. Crossing fingers.

  5. #25
    Member Ashreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    229 (0 Banked)
    Achievements First Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    I just uploaded a new version. Crossing fingers.
    Version works .

    It still won't load armor/jewelry/weapons that you select, but I don't think it actually saves those? None the less it is not really an issue

  6. #26
    Senior Member Niph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    355
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,336 (0 Banked)
    If you can PM me how you reproduce it, I'll take a look. I think it's working for me.

  7. #27
    Member Ashreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    229 (0 Banked)
    Achievements First Post!
    Wait! It works, I think it was because I saved on top of an old file that it just didn't load it. Who knows.
    All good on this end now !

  8. #28
    Member Ashreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    229 (0 Banked)
    Achievements First Post!
    @Niph
    So... We're at it again. I have this sly feeling we will be at it each patch from now on.
    However! Now, I actually know what the error is.

    There is an element with the same key. Hussar for error logs!

  9. #29
    Senior Member Niph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    355
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,336 (0 Banked)
    I like to play the game, that's why fixes are delayed by a few days every time the client changes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashreon View Post
    I have this sly feeling we will be at it each patch from now on.
    This is temporary. When I parse json files, I try to be resistant to change as much as possible, but I can't predict how they will be changed, and sometimes it leads to a crash. However, every fix means the same kind of change in future updates won't happen again, and eventually the parser will be resistant to all forms of update.

    People that used the tool between, say, this January to July, can testify that it didn't crash then, it just reported a lot of warnings. Hopefully, the fact that the last two versions had issues is just a coincidence.

  10. #30
    Member Ashreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    229 (0 Banked)
    Achievements First Post!
    Oh, it was not intended as a "you must fix this immediately". It's really just a "if you haven't spotted it, there's an issue with the new patch". You just take your time, there's always Gorgon Explorer although it is not nearly as amazing as yours :3 - okay, the new choose skills and see each mod effect on them kind of is a really great idea, but it lacks the amazing dataminer :P.

    I could fix it myself if I took a look at the code or help, I contemplated doing that first, but then it is your software and I don't much feel like intruding - that and I kind of stopped doing the whole add-ons and third party programs for games because in the long run I got tired of having to fix them when a new patch broke them because something was changed . As you say.. I wanted to play the game :P.

    As long as PG is in beta mode, I have doubts that it won't continue to break on a patch.



Thread Footer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •