Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Thread: PG Json Parser
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PG Json Parser

Original post:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This tool has been discontinued. You can find its two replacements below:
    Last edited by Niph; 07-16-2020 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Replaced apps

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is really cool! And in many ways, nicer-looking than my own internal tools. What did you write it in, out of curiosity?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choosing armor is done by assigning to each power in game a weight, and items with the highest weight appear at the top of the list. For instance, if you're a Fire Mage but also like to have Armor on your gear, you can assign a weight of 1 for each +Max Armor points and a weight of 100 to each fire damage % bonus.
    Was talking about something almost exactly like this yesterday. Very cool.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    This is really cool! And in many ways, nicer-looking than my own internal tools. What did you write it in, out of curiosity?
    It's a typical Windows Presentation Framework (WPF) application, the code is in C#.

I forgot to mention it's open-source on GitHub (search for PgJsonParse). I'm not particularly proud of this code, it's hurried, very much. If I wrote so casually at work, I'd get fired.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! Although all the mods I pull up are for level 70. Changing 'max level' for either skill does not adjust the mods to proper level.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reference. I've starred it and will follow. It's a neat idea and I'm looking forward to see how it works.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    my new obsession!! now i need to figure a way out to launch it on mobile
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mobile app version of this would be great. The whole app and the gorgon explorer site is really well done. I used it while gardening and it really made the time fly. Can the JSON Parser eventually be made to search which NPCs drop what?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    A mobile app version of this would be great.
    The code is in C#, and mobiles (say, Android) want Java. There is a way to turn C# into Java, but it's a research project I have that is on hold right now, because I like PG too much...

Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    Can the JSON Parser eventually be made to search which NPCs drop what?
    The app can only display information contained in the public game files, and they don't have that. It could be connected to the Wiki somehow, but then wouldn't be complete. Your only option is to check for yourself in the game or trust the Wiki.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this Niph, it is very much appreciated.

I just used the tool, and I have to say, I really like the offline aspect of it. Its also clean and very easy to navigate.

When I was using the Build Planner, I noticed that I could add all the mods from both skill trees to an item, this left me with a helm with 18 mods. Am I doing something wrong or is that a feature/limitation you are still going to implement in the parser. In short, is there a way to implement current loot vs mod rules (max mods per skill on item etc) into the parser.

I appreciate you are doing this on the side, and may not have the time to implement such things.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: FYI, fully downloaded with icons and functioning the parser uses roughly 460 Meg in memory (stable).
    Last edited by ANT3RA; 05-28-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Thread Footer