Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: May 18, 2017

Notes for the May 18 update are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...es-May-18-2017

Discussion is in this thread!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This spot reserved for cow dancing comments and pictures.

So so excited.

Here are some samples of our Moooniverse:

Last edited by Greyfyn; 05-18-2017 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Moooovin'

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was able to log yay! The fps in serbule is still low 10-14 but I'm too drunk to tell the difference. Thanks for working so hard to fix it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the process of relog (reupdate) to get rid of the black flicker but am excited to run around where I froze before and see what happens. Thank you for working so hard to get us all up and running smooth.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woot! I just spent an hour or so in Serbule, idling. Very pretty ^-^ Even on lowest settings on my Air.

Loading was odd, I got my windows on top of the loading screen before I actually was in world. I hope I wasn't standing there like a doofus, that would be deadly in other zones.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I can't tell you how great it is to hear that you folks can log in! Keep us posted on any crashes or freezes you still have - there may be other issues underneath the ones that were fixed in this update.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Loading was odd, I got my windows on top of the loading screen before I actually was in world. I hope I wasn't standing there like a doofus, that would be deadly in other zones.
    That's a temporary side-effect of the (rather hurried) black flicker fix. If I understand it right, the UI windows aren't getting the memo that you aren't really in the zone yet like they are supposed to, so they show up early. It shouldn't have any effect on when your character is actually in the zone.*

We figured it would be better to have some temporary weirdness when you do something - like login or zone - rather than an intrusive flicker when another player does something - like getting near enough that you need to load their armor art - even though it was inadvertent. (And we were trying to get the new client out before too many people patched the first one.)

* That being said, we do have some problems with players getting into the zone - and being attackable - before their client knows they are fully loaded. That's something we need to work on.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, if we could get some UI elements during loading - like chat, notably - that would be awesome. It looked weird, but really, gimme stuff to look at asap even if my character isn't ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been playing for several hours today and went everywhere that I was freezing up before and not even a glitch. Everything is smooth and clean. Thank you so much. I haven't noticed anything performance related a miss since this update. Great work!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The patch seems to have fixed my crashing problems on Linux, thank you! I used to crash about 5 seconds after logging in, but yesterday everything seemed stable. I didn't have much time to play but I was able to hang out in the center of Serbule for a bit and watch some drunken cows jumping over the well.

Thread Footer