Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Operating System do you use to play Project:Gorgon?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows 32-bit

1 0.96%
  • Windows 64-bit

75 72.12%
  • MAC 32-bit

0 0%
  • MAC 64-bit

11 10.58%
  • Linux 32-bit

0 0%
  • Linux 64-bit

17 16.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I voted Linux even though I'm currently (temporarily) running Windows
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Linux Mint 18.x 64bits Xfce
    Intel Core i5 4590 (4 x 3,3 GHz)
    MSI GeForce GTX 960 @ 2 Go
    Drivers NVIDIA 375
    8 Go DIMM DDR3 PC12800
    Screen LED 1920x1080
    French system with a bépo keyboard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm honestly surprised how close Mac and Linux are, I expected Linux to be higher up.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charleston View Post
    I'm honestly surprised how close Mac and Linux are, I expected Linux to be higher up.
    Linux is a ton more work than Mac, it rarely shows up higher except in headless launch-and-forget situations.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charleston View Post
    I'm actually very pleasantly surprised by Linux's showing in this poll. For some reason, I had "2%" stuck in my head as the number of Linux players, so the current poll looks much, much better than that.

Of course, all the poll shows is how many people responding on the forum use a given OS, and not how many people actually play with the OS. Still, I think it's a nice turnout so far.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 06-05-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have four laptops ...

Gentoo Linux + Windows 7 (4 hard drives).
    Gentoo Linux + Windows 7 (2 hard drives).
    Fedora Core 26 (x2)

My laptops vary in power. Three of my laptops are 5+ years old, one is about nine months old.

I run linux unless I want to play a windows-specfic game that doesn't run under Wine. More and more I'm just forgoing playing games that won't run (one way or another) on Linux.

I came to PG in part because I heard there were early unofficial Linux builds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    This is an informal poll of our players to determine which Operating System you use as your primary method for playing Project Gorgon. Please choose your Operating System and whether your system is 32-bit or 64-bit.

The 64 bit computers can run both 32bit programs and 64 bit programs. 32 bit computers cannot run 64 bit programs, because the bit sizes are fundamentally different. Latest Laptops with pre-installed Windows are usually x64 i.e. 64 Bit, old Desktops and Laptops could be having Windows x86 which means 32 bit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate mac the only thing apple makes that works good is iphones and ipods

Also fun fact of the day Steve jobs stole the name iPhone from Cisco and only paid a fine and still is using it also the macs entire programming is taken from a bunch of freeware and was combined together to make the macs core programming which in turn was stolen from other programmers who didn't copyright it but made their works free for public use to be nice and contribute to societies learning and help teach people about programming or just make things easier for people all together but got screwed over I never will respect a company who does that nor support them

Ps: Sorry for the rant I hate apple nobody does enough research on the darker kinds of crap that happens under the table that makes these kinds of people successfull and rich of others work
    Last edited by spider91301; 11-09-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Linux 64, game runs better than on Win 7 64.

Thread Footer