Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    I got the launcher from the home page, installed on a different drive, still the same exception, it just won't start downloading.
    Can you try the following?

• In the file explorer, find the ProjectGorgonLauncherWin program, RIGHT-click it, and choose "Create shortcut" from the menu that appears.
    • Now you will see a new icon called "ProjectGorgonLauncherWin - Shortcut". RIGHT-click that icon, and choose "Properties"
    • Now you're looking at the options for this shortcut. The line "Target:" is the important one. Click at the end of that line, add a space, and then add "-reset" (without quotes). As an example, I have the launcher in a directory called C:\gorgon-live, so my Target line looks like this:
      Code:
      C:\gorgon-live\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe -reset
    • Press OK
    • Now double-click the "ProjectGorgonLauncherWin - Shortcut" icon to run it. It should ask you again where you want to download the files to. Let it use the default directory it lists there.

If that works, you can just delete that shortcut icon ("ProjectGorgonLauncherWin - Shortcut") and use the regular icon to start the program in the future.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I'll let it finish downloading since "validate installation" seemed to work, I'm halfway already.

I know that many people have crashing and fps issues so I'll detail what happened to my client maybe it helps you guys isolate the problem.

I was able to log 3 characters, the third had loading problems from death sewer to serbule but I was able to log her eventually.
    I took a char to Eltibule, did some gardening, tried to teleport back to Serbule and got stuck on loading screen.

My Nvidia Game Ready driver popped with an update, I did the update and applied it thinking it will help with fps issues (possibly bad idea).

Since I applied that update I can't log any character anywhere (including alt account on Anagoge). Technically they are logged in but I can only see the loading screen although I can clearly hear game sounds.

Since Citan already posted a line about graphic divers being crap maybe that's what caused my client to stop working properly.

edit-I was able to log after the clean install but then I did something stupid again and overwritten my GorgonPrefs file. That made it impossible to log again but it's obviously something in my settings that's causing it.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 05-10-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May 9 update

Reporting here because game won't stay running long enough to report in game, on any char. Exits after about 2 minutes.

I used to run game on Fastest settings, with framerate capped at 25, and game would almost always stay at 25, under any circumstances. This gave me adequate performance and minimal load on my system, so I could garden and play music/videos/etc . I could run two such instances, with no problems (or framerate reduction). After the update, game runs 7-11 fps, and crashes after 2 minutes, even doing all the suggestions on the release notes. IMO, far worse performance than before (not better), and looks terrible even on minimal settings.

Unplayable for me...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On fantastic graphics with 2560 x 1440 resolution, overall it seems to run 'mostly' decent in Serbule except once every 10 seconds (nearly exactly, I timed with a stopwatch) the game hangs for a split second. Happens whether running in a straight line, running in circles, or standing in place. This appears to be due to sky reflection probes, as turning it off removes this 10 second problem. Other intermittent lag while running is most easily reduced by changing grass draw density to below .85 (with not that much visual difference from 1 IMO). Also of note: at least one of the textures used has alpha channel issues (bad erasing in the shopping of photos, probably with a brush instead of a hard edge may have left some non-0 alpha values... either that or just an incomplete erase job) (see image at http://imgur.com/rcQmnGa.jpg )

Theres definitely some weird coloration issues, and I've noticed things like Tigers having glossy red fur (that effectively makes them look like a toy of some kind). This appears to be somewhat reduced by turning off Sky Reflection Probes (though tigers still seem a little shiny... what have you been feeding those things, pixie dust?). Bears have some shinyness too, of course, but Cows and Wolves seem to be fine (assuming model materials are vastly different for those models).

Have had some inconsistencies with the new gathering: have had strawberry plants that completely disappear after gathering while others stay there. Gathering apples and then attempting to gather "Oak" wood from the tree - many apple trees just stay the same and simply look like they still have apples on them with never giving the option to harvest wood. I did notice that with grapes if I collected once, waited a bit, and then collected again I was finally able to gather wood once the grapes disappeared the second time... do trees / stumps have a set number of uses for each collection? It seems pretty bad for a lumberjack to have to pick all the fruit off the tree first before they can cut it down (and it really makes me wish other trees could be cut down as well, and perhaps have wood handled via the Janka hardness scale... and a smoke / flavor chart for various cooking results. Also: Arboriculture as a skill, with tree topping / coppicing / pollarding for various results in tree height [too tall trees you cant pick all the fruit unless you can jump high, or have climbing aka spider], fruit quantity/quality [read up on effects of some of fruit tree pruning at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_tree_pruning], having good chances to get perfect wood from large trees vs normal wood and even sticks [breakable apart for wood chips in inventory and used for some recipes], etc (or vines growing after a pollarding for grapes, or mushrooms on unkempt trees, etc). Druids could potentially shape trees in certain special ways, while lumberjacks would have to perform operations/pruning at certain tree ages, and Druids could have restrictions on what they could do as well, etc) (see hardness chart at http://www.hoskinghardwood.com/uploa...dnesschart.jpg )
    Other than that, I would like at least a context menu on gatherables such that I could to chop or gather fruit, with the potential to also gather some fruit on a chop down (though of course some get smashed in the fall and the tree itself doesnt grow back for awhile so theres that.)

Notable effect on camera zooming in to first person: the very ground itself appears to rise up and then fall back down again when you zoom back out: its a little nauseating, even. Seems to be part of the weird detail blend in effect.
    Notably, Ground Basemap Distance to 0 completely removes it all, of course, but changing the Terrain Shader mode from 2 to 1 or 0 also seems to fix it (or at least on 1 the effect isnt bad). I found that increasing the basemap distance to any value other than 0 and setting the terrain shader to 1 to be the best effect (though the changing the basemap distance to 0 while zoomed in while on shader mode 1 appears to have crashed the game, will send in crash report)

Also notable: game looks a TON better turning up the far clip plane from 1000 to above 1500: the trees shadows actually show up pretty well past that point and the field itself looks much better. I also set FoV to 75 for more improvement.

Theres also a lot of armor highlighting glitching going on, though I'm sure thats been reported a bunch by now, and no setting I changed seemed to do anything. Changing a bunch of things definitely made it look nicer though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excellent post !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha good stuff, I am a little confused as to the thought process of creating a glassy look to mobs in Serbule. They look like figurines

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it looks great and after fiddling the performance has really improved. I still have some odd FPS drops related to turning my camera in certain roofed structures like the keep in Serbule, and town in South Serbule but never get those kind of drops in the keeps in Eltibule for example. I have turned of Occlusion Culling but the problem persists which makes me wonder if there's an issue with that override.

I have noticed that it seems like the dawn light starts appearing before the sun is visible I haven't watched the sun rise a ton of times but I'm pretty confident I remember it right. Not sure if the light is just clipping it's way through the mountains or what. Once the sun rises around 7 AM everything looks great though.

Also sometimes it felt like foliage near me was disappearing and being redrawn as well. I can try to capture that on video some time I guess.

@MJBarr Joeh's desk is another thing that has that kind of effect on it, I didn't notice it on animals though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Animals dipped in resin!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't complain too much on my rig compared to what others are telling me. The high end settings give it a good beating though, and a framerate of ~35 in serbule. There are quite a few "pauses" as others have mentioned so it has to be dialed down in some way to play. 8GB graphics memory. Nvidia 880M in SLI. 32Gb system ram. 6 core I7 @ 3.7Ghz

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7E...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Murk; 05-11-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Add link to opwn hardware monitor print screen

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We've got an update coming tonight that should fix a number of the graphics problems, including some of the crashes. It probably won't fix all the crashes, but at the very least we'll be able to get more data about the remaining crashes so we can move forward on fixing them.

There will also be a number of visual improvements, plus some regular bug fixes. The full patch notes aren't ready yet, but you'll see them here (well, in the News & Announcement area of the forums) when they are ready to go.

The update should happen around 10 pm to midnight (Eastern US time). Downtime will probably be about an hour.

Thread Footer