Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still unable to login on any character, tried the recommended work arounds .. Launcher hangs on all accounts .. I did post in the support forum earlier with more details but it seems to have gone ?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try what I suggested for Reath, it worked for me. Delete your prefs, it goes to default settings and I was able to log.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    edit-at Reath Go to the Elder Game folder (in Windows it's in user-AppData, LocalLow I think, make sure you view hidden files and folders), cut/delete your GorgonPrefs file and try again (i personally saved it in another location).
    Thanks, I got into Serbule now. It didn't work the first time I tried, because I lowered the settings to fastest before logging in. Then I deleted the file again, logged in with completely default settings and Serbule loaded. It's strange that it only loads if I use higher settings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Khaylara, that has got me back in !! ... shame an uninstall does not remove that stuff ... any way, I am ok as long as I go no where near Serb , then frame rates plummet and I lock up,,, Hoping this update does not get pushed out globally
    Last edited by Deana; 05-12-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still get the loading problem. What is odd is that my char seems to actually be logged in but I can't see anything but the loading screen. So I deleted my GorgonPrefs, managed to log, went to South Serbule. There I tweaked my advanced graphics options again. I went back to Serbule and between the south Serbule portal and Serbule town my client froze. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete it then tried to log in again, got stuck on loading screen again.
    This is also happening to me. I can hear music for a while, then the music will cut and the client will stop responding and grey screen. My Problem with this is it doesn't generate a crash report when it grey screens like this. It just dies and has to be process killed to make it stop 'not responding.'

On another note I was able to get into Serbule once, and crashed soon after, but haven't been able to get it to load since. methods tried: DX9, DX11, Texture Memory moved all the way down to 6, then with all of the overrides moved down to the minimum that it allows, tried in windowed and full screen mode as well as Safe Mode. Still no dice. Or crash report, it just dies.

Looking at my CPU and Physical memory, when the game is loading the scene it jumps to about 30% CPU and Physical memory to about 30% then 50% then 90% within a few seconds, with spikes to 100% within, but then windows gives up on it, CPU drops to 1% but, Phys memory stays the same until the client is actually closed. So my thinking goes(right or wrong) that the game is trying to load too many assets(graphics) at the same time and they says 'nope too much' and just gives up. I dunno why... as the game looks like potato soup with different colors for things, but it thinks its loading somethin and is giving up cause there is too much of whatever it is. I have a 4-core i5-3570k @ 3.40 GHz (for reference) so its not like its lacking the power it should take to load potato soup.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a similar processor and yep, no crash report. Deleting GorgonPrefs worked (for myself and 2 other people it seems), I can log now but tbh it's so laggy I don't feel like playing (about 13 fps in serbule). If you delete the prefs and leave it on default graphics you should be able to log in. Also use Dx9 not 11.

I checked the monitor aswell and I saw the same spiking, I'd say that's a memory leak because it seems to "eat" too much memory, much more than usual.

edit-it seems like every time i want to log in i have to delete GorgonPrefs or I get stuck on that loading screen
    Last edited by Khaylara; 05-12-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention this update removes the ServerInfo object in the recipes JSON. That's where the xp values used to be, so it's a really big change for the wiki. Right now it's much harder to support those columns in the recipes table. If this wasn't the intent, could those values be snuck in somewhere else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a similar processor and yep, no crash report. Deleting GorgonPrefs worked (for myself and 2 other people it seems), I can log now but tbh it's so laggy I don't feel like playing (about 13 fps in serbule). If you delete the prefs and leave it on default graphics you should be able to log in. Also use Dx9 not 11.

I checked the monitor aswell and I saw the same spiking, I'd say that's a memory leak because it seems to "eat" too much memory, much more than usual.

edit-it seems like every time i want to log in i have to delete GorgonPrefs or I get stuck on that loading screen
    Funnily enough, i just tried it, again cause why not, and it gave me some interesting errors... It had a 'oops!' Windows warning, and a "Windows Visual C++" popup telling me something went wrong, and it made a crash log finally. So while it didn't load we have a crash log now.

PS: @Citan i do love the debug outputs: !!! WOO! Initializing area! (180338), Actually loading level ChooseCharacter... Done loading level ChooseCharacter... LOADING LEVEL ChooseCharacter...

EDIT: it may have actually been Microsoft Visual Studio C++, which i do have, but is weird for it to pop a warning from that
    Last edited by FURY; 05-12-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got blind drunk and didn't notice the lag anymore since I could hardly see the ground. I did not have so much fun in ages.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that can get in game but may still be dragging in FPS:

If you created any overrides between the May 9 and May 11 patches, you should now try to completely reset all overrides and start from scratch. Also after doing so you should do a client restart. This cleared up a lot of issues for me and others after the May 11 patch.

Thread Footer