Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: May 9, 2017

Notes for the May 9 update are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...tes-May-9-2017

Discussion is in this thread. I'll start.

If you read the update notes, you know we're aware of and working on a few different graphics problems. We are also carefully tracking the problems that testers are running into that *aren't* helped with those work-arounds. We're gathering data to get these fixed ASAP, and we need your data as well. This means crash logs and details. (There's a wiki page that can help with crash reports in a lot of cases: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/H...a_Client_Crash)

HOWEVER - Please, please send those reports and details in through tickets or e-mail. I won't be able to keep up with all the details if you post them in this thread. I may not even see your report until much later if you post it here since right now I am concentrating on crash logs and game reports.

So. Discuss away while we investigate crashes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thank you for the update and your hard work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serbule looks incredible and as soon as some of the bugs are worked out I think its a great improvement. Thank you for the regular updates and awesome game. Really excited to be part of Project Gorgon as it grows into the best MMO there is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks really different, for some reason i am seeing the nighst like really bright.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I managed to get a glimpse of the update, Serbule looks pretty but I can't play. The character that was already in Serbule has 12 fps and moving feels like swimming in molasses. Another character is simply stuck, I can't teleport from the death sewer to Serbule, I just get stuck on the loading screen. I don't know what to do about it, water quality is disabled, few other options that could put a strain on the graphic card are also disabled, the graphics are set to fast.
    From what I could tell in the short time I was logged in some other people can't play either, I think the players who were unable to teleport into GK because of the crashes have problems now in serbule and most people complained about the fps. I don't seem to be the only one with fps close to 10 in Serbule.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to be rude but the problem is probably your hardware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    I managed to get a glimpse of the update, Serbule looks pretty but I can't play. The character that was already in Serbule has 12 fps and moving feels like swimming in molasses. Another character is simply stuck, I can't teleport from the death sewer to Serbule, I just get stuck on the loading screen. I don't know what to do about it, water quality is disabled, few other options that could put a strain on the graphic card are also disabled, the graphics are set to fast.
    From what I could tell in the short time I was logged in some other people can't play either, I think the players who were unable to teleport into GK because of the crashes have problems now in serbule and most people complained about the fps. I don't seem to be the only one with fps close to 10 in Serbule.
    If you read over the patch notes, they give you ways to unstuck your character. The also have newb island still at a lower setting so you can make a new character and unlock your character. Set your settings to the lowest before logging back in and see if that works. Also, read the patch notes.

Did I mention read the patch notes? They give near step by step instructions for unsticking a character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The update didn't work well on my computer. Loading Serbule took ten minutes longer than usual. My whole computer was unresponsive after the game loaded. Everything was unresponsive for a few minutes, then it ran decently for a moment until I moved the camera. Then it stopped for several minutes again. After a few tries, the game worked long enough that I could close it via the menu.

I restarted the game on another character in the tutorial island. That area ran as well as with the old patch. I lowered the settings that were mentioned in the patch notes and returned to the Serbule character. Serbule ran much better afterwards, but it was still pretty slow. Around 24fps with low settings and 18fps with high.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new graphics. The game looks more visually interesting now that it's more colorful. The grass looks better now that it's more dense.

The shaders seem a bit overdone, though. There seems to be too many effects on at once and it makes the graphics look too busy. The glow in the distant areas is especially distracting, since it's so bright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not been able to get in since yesterday. I cannot get through the game update.
    The Game Launcher starts and goes to finding files needing to download then with 348 files to download it retries SharedAssets20.assets and retries 5 times and errors out with try later. I have detailed well and send in the logs. I just wanted to throw it out here and see if anyone else may be having the issue.

Things tried.
    New folder
    Download most recent Game_Launcher, still will not finish and has same sharedasset error
    More space available
    Made sure DEP, UAC and AntiVirus are off during update

Thank you,

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have smilar problem to khaylara. When i logged in tody i was able to get to serbule, ran around it for a bit (and yeh i had noticabel lower fps there. not by much, but noticable), and i went to S.Serbule to pick up brewing. Then when i wnated to go back game stopped respondign on loadign screen. Tried few times, lowered grphic, did what patch notes said, nothign really helped. After few tries, i manged to log in into serbule, but game stopped respondign when i do anything - whatever it is to try and move or even move camera.

Thread Footer