Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Model / Icon submissions process?

Heyas, just wondering if theres any kind of standardized way to submit models/icons for stuff?

I see quite a lot of things in game that could use a quick model here or there, and I've been meaning to get back to Blender, and was wondering if it were even feasible to submit things.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We don't have a standardized way to submit such items because it requires a formal agreement between the person submitting the art and us. If it is a situation where you would like to volunteer your time creating art you can contact us at support@projectgorgon.com to discuss it further. Thanks for your interest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, sure, was just wondering if there was a formalized process made before as quite a few games have stuff like that now (see the Planetside 2 Player Studio, for example, which also has guidlines on what all is required in a model / texturing / file format / etc).

Anyway, since its all in Unity I'm assuming just basic Blender files would be fine anyway. I'll probably make a few things and then send an email your way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you guys are probably busy with putting out fires from the patch (and im sure your emails are swamped) ill just post random things here.

Noticed the oranges finally got a model... a lemon :P
    Decided that when life gives you lemons, make oranges instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats small and useless and doesn't have a model? A brass gear, of course!
    Pic in Unity with some material setup done (Unity doesn't do the Blender materials very well, apparently)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats better than gear on the ground that looks like bags? Gear on the ground that looks like clothing! Made a simple coat and threw it on the floor! (more like threw it on the Unity).

Also, if you guys ever want me to stop posting stuff here while waiting on response thru email just let me know.

Thread Footer