Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does 1 skill earn more xp than the other?

I'm raising fire and ice magic skills, almost every single kill fire magic gets +1 xp over ice, tried swapping the order changed few equipment over time no difference, always a +1 xp to fire. Does anyone know why this happening?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The underlying structure to both Fire and Ice Magic are identical, actually ice uses fires advancement table.

My guess would be that experience is divided between the skills and the skill that is first on the list is getting the benefit of the rounding from the division of experience. Because fire was created first in game or will be learned first anyway, it always gets the top spot when it comes time to divide experience. So the script probably doesn't even look at the order you have them on your action bars. Without looking at the code be hard to say for sure.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know, for the longest time I was getting that between my skill of Unarmed and Psychology. I think you're right that it's just a weird division artifact. We've had those before.

Thread Footer