Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortitia View Post
    There is a thing that bothered me in every MMO. High grass is nice, it looks cool, i put it on to take SS but then i cant see small monsters from a distance, i cant see wood or seeds on floor, so in the end i play with with grass off.
    I have the same problem. Whenever I visit South Serbule, I think how pretty it is, then I have a brief debate with myself whether I want to admire the zone or find wood, and the wood usually wins and I turn the graphics down. The new Serbule screenshots look gorgeous, I just hope there is going to be a way to find wood and other items without turning the graphics down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually see the trees and occasionally the flowers/fruit but there's the search button and find items to be picked up, now if you want to see it all from miles away then do turn graphics down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm super excited to see these in game!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the smaller icons for buffs.

I usually have 2 buffs from food, 4 calligraphy, 3 from meditation, a flower arrangement (maybe another from just eating a flower), sometimes a word-of-power, 1-2 role playing curses, and (very rarely) an actual curse. Then there's occasional druid event icon, combat xp buff icon, crafting xp buff icon. Don't forget the combat ones when you get 3-10 Mentalism buffs, extra toes, haste concoction, hunters speed, dehydration, frost bite, hypothermia, "you are on fire" stacked 6 times over from Ilmari worms mashed with "Open Wounds" 3 more times over that.

Oh, and one of the most trolling of all trolls - having a beetle in Labyrinth lay an explosive egg in you to blow up and do 300 dmg and you can't even see that you have it inside. Then you all-of-a-sudden die because you don't know you need to remove it! Seriously wtf?

Smaller icons please

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I just hope there is going to be a way to find wood and other items without turning the graphics down.
    Tab-targeting, although sometimes things show up in the distance before they're targetable, I basically just comb tab-targeting.

Am I the only one to find South Serb super-boring and empty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking fantastic. Thanks for the update!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Nope, but that's because it's a very unfinished zone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yertle View Post
    Exactly! High Grass is pretty much a terrible idea to have enabled when actually playing it seems.

*edit* There's a similar case for darkness IMO.
    I love the look of high grass but I turn it off. I hate not being able to see the ground. The ground is where all the *stuff* is. While I'm thinking of it I'd love to come across mobs that roost in trees.

Darkness is okay as long as there's a way to see where you are...and see where you want to go. It doesn't have to be full visuals. Things like torches and campfires (at landmarks) that are visible from a distance are fine.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Tab-targeting, although sometimes things show up in the distance before they're targetable, I basically just comb tab-targeting.
    I do use that, but for it to work, you have to be both fairly close to an object and facing it. In zones without grass, I can see things from miles away and run towards them long before I can target them.

I actually thought it was getting pretty exciting these days. There's much more stuff in the zone now than when it was initially released. But yes, it could use a few more things - part of my problem with it is just that it's a very big zone with low mob density, so playing in it as a new character without run speed buffs gets frustrating since it takes an eternity to get from interesting point A to interesting point B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I do use that, but for it to work, you have to be both fairly close to an object and facing it. In zones without grass, I can see things from miles away and run towards them long before I can target them.

I actually thought it was getting pretty exciting these days. There's much more stuff in the zone now than when it was initially released. But yes, it could use a few more things - part of my problem with it is just that it's a very big zone with low mob density, so playing in it as a new character without run speed buffs gets frustrating since it takes an eternity to get from interesting point A to interesting point B.
    There is almost nothing near the zone-in and respawn point, if you die as a newbie you have nothing but a several minute run through a wasteland to look forward to. suppose that is a 'death penalty' while Ranalons and Goblins are still a threat.
    I do everything possible to avoid the zone.

Thread Footer