Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Account Link to Forum Question

Hello,

I made the original contribution for the very first kickstarter project this game ran. I can't find my email but I was told I would receive some sort of way to link my steam to that contribution. Now that we have migrated to a new forum and we can link steam accounts, will that email be resent for those of us who did donate way back? I would appreciate that.

Thanks.

Kindly,
    Alex

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No way to link contributions yet. I don't think that'll happen until the Steam release.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope this doesn't confuse an already confusing issue.
    To my understanding there were at least 2 failed kickstarter attempts I'd imagine they were at least 2 and half years ago, those that paid were no doubt promised something, not sure if your from them.
    Maybe 18 months ago or perhaps a little longer there was a successful one, that one did send out emails to those that paid.
    I remember having to name the horse I will one day get, can not recall if it actually included my steam account name.
    Perhaps it was just to link a payment and email address to my in game character, too long ago for me to be sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for the reply.

Celer,

The kickstarter im referring to was the first successful one you spoke of which did occur around 18 months ago. The date my kickstarter account shows is august 24th 2015 and it was a successfull one. I have long lost the email that was sent to me from that one and was hoping to get a new one sent to link my steam account to. It seems that there has been no progress on that end if I understand correctly though.

This is what my kickstarter tracker shows was the donation and reward.

Selected reward
    $50
    ADVENTURER

+BackerClub Forum Rank and access to the private BackerClub forum section.
    +Special thanks in the credits.
    +Digital Steam Copy of Project Gorgon (Retail $39.99).
    +Steam Alpha/Beta Key, access date to be announced.
    + The ability to infect your character with Lycanthropy, permanently inflicting them with the curse of the werewolf! Normally a quest line is required to be infected with Lycanthropy, but this reward allows you to bypass that requirement.
    + The ability to start with a few levels of the Teleportation skill for convenience and special access to two rare Teleportation locations
    +6 months VIP membership.

Estimated delivery: Dec 2016

Obviously not delivered

Thank you.

Kindly,
    Alex

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, delivery was dependent on the Green light, which they didn't reach. So they've focused on aiming for that.

Things have been added, though, and the game is still up and being developed. So we do have a game we paid for ^-^

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Well, delivery was dependent on the Green light, which they didn't reach. So they've focused on aiming for that.

Things have been added, though, and the game is still up and being developed. So we do have a game we paid for ^-^
    I'm confused by this response. PG is greenlit on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    Estimated delivery: Dec 2016

Obviously not delivered
    The estimate was early. There is a new GUI in development, and i think they want to get that in place before the Steam release (first impressions and all).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and not sure anyone knows how far Blizzard delayed World of Warcraft but I seem to think at least 2 years once and maybe another year another time, a long time and they had tons of money. Blizzard (the original) wanted to get it right, it is worth waiting for something good and in the meantime you can play this game and know you contributed and have those things coming to you once the game is at that point.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised the game, forum and wiki aren't linked to a single-sign on as well. It's a little annoying to need to register 3 accounts and its kinda one of those things that's harder to fix later. However, given the limited dev team this really shouldn't be a priority. I supported the Indiegogo campaign, but I feel the same about that. I'd love to get a forum badge or something... but I'd rather see other things a lot more.
    Last edited by Lendari; 04-13-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a single authentication server at the time, but that presents some security hurdles for a small development team which eventually expects to use the Steam authentication.

Thread Footer