Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rahu ...I hate you

Hello friends, and fellow players.

Today I would like to post and get replies to my least favorite zone, because this is what my experience has been:

Rahu...oh Rahu...

on the good:

-Pask is still the best lvl 70 mob loot you can get imo

-fast respawn

on the bad

-so lets take the city first, the AOE distress call covers some serious ground. A cat will call other from a pretty large area to come to their aid

-cats that come to aid wouldnt be so bad if every mob in there didnt have the chance to stun or pull you. the CC the cats have, especially in large numbers is crushing. and if i go in with say ice magic and battle chem I cannot chain their immobilizations, I dont know the time i have to wait till another would work but lets just say they can chain you you cant chain them.

in the desert area:

-the CC is much worse out here mixed in with the fun rhinos that push you and the skulls that can instantly kill you. Add this in with a variety of spawn locations that can have mobs be right on top of you and you can (as i have) spawned into mobs and been CCed before i could even kill anything.

-the power bottleneck is most especially in full force out here, with all the pushing and pulling and moving your doing, your power meter gets crushed like no tomorrow, add the combat cool down timer in conjunction with roving mobs and calls for help and it will be your main cause of death...if the CC chains dont annihilate you first.

-slow and steady yes it is possible to try and body pull to fight a couple at a time on a more small controlled field that you have cleared. unfortunately with the re-spawn rates (and wandering mobs) it wont always work. at some point you will get a random mob from somewhere and bring the world crashing down around you.

-Attack range vs aggro range which is present in all zones is amplified here due to the close proximity, and the call for help the mobs do. gets painful and annoying fast

Summary:

I love what they came up with for Gazluk zone, and I am super excited to see what else they have waiting for us. I have a feeling I will enjoy these way more than Rahu. I see what they did with Rahu and I love the idea but its just too much. Im a fairly high lvl player and Rahu spits me up and tears me apart each and every time i try it with any skills i try it with. I maybe totally doing it wrong. I admit that. I am an aggressive player. I know there is some majestic Adonis out there that holds the answers to what i am doing wrong. and I am totally open to suggestion. Or maybe everyone has this issue I really have no idea. Or maybe it is purpose built not to be soloed like those annoying little floating heads that chain curse you so all you can possibly do solo is run away because you cant use any of your skills.

-Yak

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rahu is the zone I like the best, followed by Gazluk, Eltibule, Sun Vale, Ilmari, Kur, Serbule, South Serbule. (in that order)

Gazluk pros, interesting places like Prestonbule and the keep, mining spawns, toughest mobs. Cons Evironmental damage
    Eltibule pros, lots of NPCs, wood and cotton spawns, treasure maps, Cons, lots of water
    Sun Vale pros, lots of fruit and seed spawns, animal town
    Ilmari pros mining and treasure maps, Cons, desert
    The other places probably mostly just too low level to be interesting any more to me.

Ok back to Rahu.
    Find the ground spawns to be the most interesting set. I like the selection of mobs, the desert ones, I tend to work along the edge and pick what I want to take on from there, and clear as i go. Have to exercise caution with the desert mobs. Don't usually have problems with adds or getting in fights I can't get out of. I get pummeled more often by bandits and mages in Ilmari. Usually only go up to the army camp with a group. Like the permit system. City has interesting boats to catch.

Anyway I like the place the best, Kur bugs me a little, Ilmari feels uninviting, Gazluk is tough and not fleshed out yet. But Rahu feels like home for the moment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Rahu tied there it's my favourite place to solo hunt very challenging. Cats? Usually dont bother me. Hunting in desert i went there around lv 50 skill and grinded to 70 in no time, invincible skel raised my first aid and armor patch fast my endurance even faster, loot not the best but you do get some great items. There's a lake before you go into town to rehydrate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing I strongly dislike about Rahu is the flat and featureless plain with shoulder-to-shoulder mobs.

It feels like someone planted a giant blinking arrow that says "Grind mobs here". It breaks immersion badly for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    Rahu is the zone I like the best, followed by Gazluk, Eltibule, Sun Vale, Ilmari, Kur, Serbule, South Serbule. (in that order)

Gazluk pros, interesting places like Prestonbule and the keep, mining spawns, toughest mobs. Cons Evironmental damage
    Eltibule pros, lots of NPCs, wood and cotton spawns, treasure maps, Cons, lots of water
    Sun Vale pros, lots of fruit and seed spawns, animal town
    Ilmari pros mining and treasure maps, Cons, desert
    The other places probably mostly just too low level to be interesting any more to me.

Ok back to Rahu.
    Find the ground spawns to be the most interesting set. I like the selection of mobs, the desert ones, I tend to work along the edge and pick what I want to take on from there, and clear as i go. Have to exercise caution with the desert mobs. Don't usually have problems with adds or getting in fights I can't get out of. I get pummeled more often by bandits and mages in Ilmari. Usually only go up to the army camp with a group. Like the permit system. City has interesting boats to catch.

Anyway I like the place the best, Kur bugs me a little, Ilmari feels uninviting, Gazluk is tough and not fleshed out yet. But Rahu feels like home for the moment
    I like Gaz the best,

The huge issue I have with Rahu is the calls for help and the CC if you cant tell from my post. so I will take it individually

Calls for help:

theres really no way around this one its in every zone but Rahu has such numbers cramped together that if when a mob calls several come running. to make this more fun their Radius of attack (for ranged) makes me have to advance tword them to engage, made more difficult by all the stuns and immobilizations, and push / pulls.

leading to...

Chain CC. the huge issue here is I can only track one critters rage bar at a time, never mind the push/ pulls can blow up any attempt to manage my own AOE CC. I have tried different variations on whizzing thru targeting to get a hold on several mobs at the same time to try and juggle several rage bars at once but dropped the idea because with anything more than 4 or so its just too hard for my micron brain to handle. And maybe I am doing something wrong but I can see a full rage bar but there is sometimes a sliver missing to I mistake it for full. blowing CC earlier than I would like.

Ok so now I have engaged, they have called for help and I usually have 2 ranged attackers on me from slightly different angles so I cant pop something on one and effect the other, all the while I have melee pinning and stunning me. so the flow chart that happens depending on the combat skills I have loaded;

A) if I am pinned and cant get to them try to mez one ranged and blow up the melee on me so at least I get some kills because far ranged that I cant touch will most likely kill me in the time it takes to kill the melee due to stuns ect

B) if I can get to both ranged with melee on me immobilize all mobs, start attack (this happens about 30% of the time but in moving to them they in turn call out for help and right back to reset problem status)

C) get nuked, with varying degrees of rage bars pushing/ pulling/ stunning me I take out several and I die (this is what happens about 70% of the time) run back loot corpses while under fire and reset back to problem status

the only way I can figure it, is to go excruciatingly slow while being super mindful of resets. or have done this pre archery nerf.

I see several people say they love it but now how do they hunt there? I am open to suggestions, because I honestly feel like I am missing something huge here...

Gaz is spaced so I don't have nearly the CC issues, so its no problem. And with much better loot I just usually pass right over rahu unless I am in a mants/ pask group or I'm farming for mage mats.

But it really bugs me that I haven't figured out how to hunt Rahu, so it feels like a puzzle I haven't figured out yet...

-Edited for clarity
    Last edited by Yaksnot; 04-08-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Thread Footer