Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If one wants to start from scratch why not look forward to playing as one of the to-be-added player races. And if things go well expansions will include new playing races that we don't even suspect yet, so there will be things that have a start point that everyone post launch can maybe get in on.

Personally with new races going to start from zero at least a couple more times. One will receive aid from his alter-egos, one is going to go it entirely alone.

In real life everyone born before you got a head start, but it doesn't really matter does it? Things should even out with time. And it would be difficult to change the stated intent that it is not total wipe. There is going to be enough drama with the partial wipe, with pleas for more wipe, less wipe and why my absolute favorite thing going to be diminished.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 04-05-2017 at 09:03 AM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In general I like wipes in MMORPG, they give game a new birth. Fresh start always encouraging for old and new players. Newbie time - it's the best time in any MMORPG and I always glad to repeat it again and again Newbie locations full of players - the best spectacle lol

But I'll be glad to play PG in any case - with or without wipes Devs know their stuff and would make everything perfect I belive
    http://youtube.com/GlazGame — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — stream in Russian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is usual as in every Alpha/Beta I have played this always comes up .

I am not for a wipe even though I just got here not very long ago myself. Why? I don't care that much is why , I am easy going, I play for fun, I am casual, not hardcore and I take the game at my own pace. I just don't care to play another 'zoom for cool items and status' game and is why I love this game is what matters here is the actual game content not shiny purple swords

Let them keep their characters they worked so hard on.

Ill just keep trucking along
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post

1. Currently, PG is so good that playing it is in itself a reward, but a full wipe would kill that.
    That's a contradiction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is brought up each month as a new bunch of people come and play, realise there is not going to be a wipe, and quit. Which I fully understand.

I still am keeping my fingers crossed for a second server with a fresh start.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cratoh View Post
    It is brought up each month as a new bunch of people come and play, realise there is not going to be a wipe, and quit. Which I fully understand.

I still am keeping my fingers crossed for a second server with a fresh start.
    who is quitting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people who don't want to play a game where there is no wipe at the end of test phase, the people who like a level playing field at a launch where the only advantage is knowledge, the people who don't want to plunge headlong into play PG in it's present state and play it as a 'finished' game and want to wait for launch but won't because there is no wipe.

I believe there are many people who try the game and don't continue cos of the confusion surrounding what will/won't be wiped.

I understand about people wanting to hang on to all the different levels they have raised, I personally have invested a ton of time into the game, I've maxed several combat skills, taken many more to 60 and high 40s, and levelled loads of companion and craft skills, and level alts and have intricate storage/cash earning systems. I'd still relish the chance to do it all over again though from scratch on a new server. I have changed my tune a little, as I really was vocal about a complete wipe before, but I've come to relaise how massively attached some people are to these testing characters, and empathise with their feelings that they are owed a physical advantage at laucnh, knowledge not being enough, and the testing experience not being enough of a reward, which is why I don't mind the idea of the current server becoming a sort of legacy server.

However, I want the game to succeed, and by succeed I mean have a much larger player base - hence why I would like to see two servers at launch - the current one for people who tested with no wipe at all, keep everything - BUT no ne players allowed to roll on it. And a second server, starting from fresh like Eden, being the only server that new people can roll a character on. And allowing vet players from Alpha/Beta the opportunity to roll again. As in, the same character slot available on the virgin server. Just the only thing testers would take with them would be knowledge.

Cos lets be honest - on launch week, if you started playing a brand new game, but when you logged in there were already some high level characters running around it could well be off putting - and that might make for a rocky launch and less new players.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe those people exist.

What is the point of having a game that retained from session to session if you have to start on a specific day and race forward and then have everything removed only to do it all again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone up for a challenge? Take you main character, strip down to your keks and start on tutorial isle then see how many hours it takes to be hunting gazluk caves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just joined this game two weeks ago, so I can definitely see the perspective of how someone buying the game at the official launch and logging in to find an already established community, with established relationships and in-jokes, may find that a bit daunting and feel like they missed out on exploring virgin territory. But if they are warmly welcomed into the community, it should work out.

This is becoming the new model for online games, with Steam selling "early access" to games, and people paying to join Betas, there is always someone going to be there before you. And the MMO developers need these early players to test the thousands of items, quests, zones, and mechanics in the games as well as stress test the servers so they will be ready for the official launches.

I haven't seen anything stating if PG is launching with more than one server. If it is that is the case, the discussion of a wipe is moot. New players at launch can be given the option of joining an established veteran community of Alpha and Beta players or join a fresh server and help establish a new community there.

Thread Footer