Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, no one has really described how someone else having abilities or some gear really reduces enjoyment or exploration for themself.

Must everything be a race?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Zherot I normally don't tldr but some punctuation would help. If I understood right people who level crafts should not make money out of their crafts because it's unfair. You do realize crafts will exist after launch, right? I admit some players who are pro-wipe have some good points but this is not one of them.

Again if I understood correctly you don't wish to level crafts. I'm sorry to say but you will have to if you intend to play and that will not change with or without a wipe.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 05-10-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i approve of this reply

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    @Zherot I normally don't tldr but some punctuation would help. If I understood right people who level crafts should not make money out of their crafts because it's unfair. You do realize crafts will exist after launch, right? I admit some players who are pro-wipe have some good points but this is not one of them.

Again if I understood correctly you don't wish to level crafts. I'm sorry to say but you will have to if you intend to play and that will not change with or without a wipe.
    Hm, I'd hope that leveling crafts is not required in order to play the game ( and I'm saying that as somebody who enjoys crafting). It certainly makes the game much easier, but if you wanted to focus on combat and buy craftable items from other players, why not? I think the main stumbling block right now is transmutation, which to me isn't really a crafting skill as such...

Anyway, what I think Zeroth was getting at was that wiping gold without wiping crafting skills would mean that players with maxed crafting skills could turn in a few work orders and make money back quickly that way. I'm not convinced that's necessarily the case because of the work order cooldown. It's going to take quite a while to get filthy rich doing work orders alone.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From my experience a minimum of crafting skills is required, at least foraging, some gardening and cooking. From what I remember, the work orders were introduced to help us level crafting skills (like leatherworking or tailoring which were an excessive cash sink) and I am not convinced they are a permanent game feature. My honest opinion is that we all will have to start from scratch gathering mats, crafting new gear etc.
    Either way, I highly doubt anyone can play this game without a minimum of non-combat skills, if anyone accomplished to reach the current end game w/o ANY craft-type skills and they are satisfied with their char I would be very interested and curious to know how they did it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta say, none of my crafting skills are anywhere near my combat ones 'cept Transmutation. Crafting helps, but it's not really required. Especially since the player-shops went in, I have had so many things to eat! I hardly eat my own food anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see a negative in having an established Community in game. Not the type of game Headstart will give any leg up on a new player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest thing to consider is that the PG community is so great because we are a community of people helping each other. There is no reason that one person having millions of councils would hurt the player with a few thousand. In fact the one with all the money from my experience is the one that helps the new one get armor and other items needed (in most cases completely free).

When someone is asked for help beating a boss there are several always willing to show up and help. When someone is out of food in the middle of a dungeon someone always hands some over. Its a fun collaboration, not a tedious competition.

EDIT: This is very different from my actual RL political views but seems to hold very true in PG
    Last edited by Moki Mofiki; 05-15-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have mixed feelings on this topic. I am vested with my Avatar. Mid 60's in Sword & Shield, working other skills into low 50's.

1. To lose this toon when game is released as final retail product and not major or significant changes would be a shame.

2. This is just a game. Why people feel to need to compete or compare their progress verse someone else seems unproductive to me.

I have no interest playing with people who feel the need to boast, brag or belittle others to fulfill some ego driven internal need for feeling accomplished. I for one spend to much time in cyber space. I would love to fish, hunt, boat more...but I have to admit this is cheap entertainment and is addictive. So when I ask for help, please remember your condescending attitude is still your ego getting in the way of a friendship. Just my two councils!
    Love reading RA Salvatore!
    AC was my first passion, played some Ultima, WOW, RIFT, Starwars, Lord of the Rings and Elder Scrolls.
    It's just a game.

Thread Footer