Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And all I was thinking before I dozed off was "I hope my daughters don't wake up too early". @ANT3RA ... that is a pretty awesome system and coding aside would be great.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #82
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    I assume Citan occasionally reads the feedback since we don't really know how much coding is involved.I think some major changes are going to be implemented when he adds the capital city and my secret hope is that he plans to centralize the market there.
    He does and I personally make an effort to read every single thread written here on the forums!

We have plans for the storage management in Project: Gorgon as we continue through development. That includes the ability to have all storage boxes in a particular land area (i.e. Serbule) accessible from a tabbed GUI interface letting you quickly manage all of your storage boxes in that area from a single location rather than having to run from box to box. There will also be an ability to search through your items to find its location - although that will likely be implemented as a receipe or accessible through an NPC.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I would really like is a button to compress my inventory into a storage. Basically, grab all the items that match stacks in storage, and put those items (and compress stacks) into storage. That way I can drop off the items I'm keeping easily then split out the ones I want to walk away with. That's like 90% of my interaction with storage: Adding to stacks.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    He does and I personally make an effort to read every single thread written here on the forums!

We have plans for the storage management in Project: Gorgon as we continue through development. That includes the ability to have all storage boxes in a particular land area (i.e. Serbule) accessible from a tabbed GUI interface letting you quickly manage all of your storage boxes in that area from a single location rather than having to run from box to box. There will also be an ability to search through your items to find its location - although that will likely be implemented as a receipe or accessible through an NPC.

I know storage is off topic but thank god!! That made my day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the notion of controlled pricing and whatnot utterly baffling. If people want to play the economy game, then let them, as Eachna said, it's a play style and its going to happen whatever system is in place.

Antera, I skimmed as it's late, over you ideas and the general impression I got was of an auctioneer type mod like from WoW. Part of the fun of playing a trade style in games for me at least is getting to know markets over a period of time, and doing it myself. I greatly disliked the automation in WoW and greatly enjoyed pitting myself against other people playing the trade game in EQ2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post

Inspite of the fact that we don't have an auction house follow this example-player X buys ALL stomachs off the AH. Cheesemaker A needs them but can't farm as many as they need. Player X resells them with 4 K each and keeps buying fast every stomach that is under that price. Other sellers will naturally want to make more cash and also start selling stomachs with 4 k. Cheesemaker A doesn't have any choice but to buy with 4k instead of 1.2 k. I fail to see how that's a good thing fpr everyone, a piece of cheese would end up costing 4k + or everyone would give up on buying materials and just farm themselves. Both consequences tend to kill trade.
    Side note, I actually suggested that their value should be higher due to the rarity and maybe that's going to be adjusted or maybe they will be made less rare. But that doesn't mean we need an auctioneer to artificially gonflate the price above its real value (given they drop better now I don't think they should cost above 1 k anyway).
    What actually happens here is the cheesemaker either stops making cheese, or goes and farms stomachs or gets some from a friend, or trades something they have for stomachs.

What also happens is everyone who wants some cash starts farming stomachs. Then they start listing them for 3k. Then the original guy starts having to decide whether to keep buying, or give up. So he keeps buying, but people keep farming stomachs and listing them at 3k. Then he isn't online and 3 people list, first at 3k, then 2800 then 2500. Then the cheesemaker, who is farming stomachs thinks, hm might buy some.

And, in the end, everything evens out, and there is no problem. Because, there are an infinite supply of stomachs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moki Mofiki View Post
    I like the idea of a stat on all items that show its average sale price over the past week/month. This is something that will help those that aren't sure what the going rate is to see what the average is. Even then people will try to sell much higher or lower but will allow noobs to not be ripped off and create a more stable economy. Just my $.02
    This is a kinda nanny state of control. There is a trade channel. So a new player has something like 20 femurs, and some mushrooms, and some animal parts and so on all the usual crap. Pretty easy to look at a stall and figure out what they are selling for roughly.. Then, they get a UR bacon recipe, or a poetry book - ask in trade, its what it's for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the core reasons I hoard and have hoarded since I begun playing is because it is just so hard to trade and find what you want/need at any given point because there is no easy way to list or trade items.

Facilitate more simple trading, eliminate peoples' need to hoard every damn thing. Facilitate easier trade and easy search features for traders, stimulate player driven economy and suddenly hoarding goes.

Over time prices come down, as people stop hoarding and we end up with less complaints about storage as you don't need to store everything cos chances are a simple vendor search will find you some.

Make it hard to trade, and then people just go it alone, and do it all themselves. If you want a healthy game economy make it more simple to trade, it just seems so obvious.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cratoh View Post
    This is a kinda nanny state of control. There is a trade channel. So a new player has something like 20 femurs, and some mushrooms, and some animal parts and so on all the usual crap. Pretty easy to look at a stall and figure out what they are selling for roughly.. Then, they get a UR bacon recipe, or a poetry book - ask in trade, its what it's for.
    That's terrible and spamming as one or dozens of newbies are asking about every damn item every few minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    That's terrible and spamming as one or dozens of newbies are asking about every damn item every few minutes.
    Not really, people have a tendency to watch chat, and get an idea of stuff. Also, it's a nice way to start a conversation sometimes as well via trade as someone asks a Q and then we can send them a whisper to explain stuff if they need it etc.

Finbarr.

Thread Footer