Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Makes Project Gorgon Great?

I want to try something else for a thread. Instead of talking about things I don't like, I'd actually like to point out some of the things that are making me see Project Gorgon as more than just another MMO. Things that the developer(s?) have done to diffentiate their game from the crowd in a good way.

Anagouge Island
    I loved all the quick, little puzzles on the island. Instead of feeling like "man I need to get out of this tutorial" instead I felt like "I hope I haven't missed anything". This was one of the best MMO tutorial zones I've seen in a while.

The Kur Mountains Environmental Damage
    It brings a new dimension to the concept of "player vs. environment" that I've not seen in any other MMO. The closest I can think of was the underwater dungeon in EQ... and that was just solved by casting underwater breathing. Anyway, this is a very cool game system. I like how at first it's an almost overwhelming barrier to exploring the zone, and then as you gain a foothold and some experience with it, it become less and less of a barrier and just kind of something you get used to.

Ability to Play Every Class
    I think it's really cool that Gorgon doesn't lock you into a class or an archetype and leaves you free to explore all the skills in the game to the extent that they are interesting to you. While I've seen games like FFXIV that let you level every class (choosing one to be active) or in WoW where you can switch between releated classes in an archetype, no MMO I've played has quite given the Gorgon level of flexibility and it's really great and also addictive.

Serbule Crypt Dungeon
    This dungeon feels really polished. It has a nice back story running, good side areas, and bosses that are unique and interesting. So far I think it's the most polished dungeon in the game and it has a great feel to it.

Goblin Dungeon
    I like that it has a "soloable" area and then the "group" areas in the deeper parts. I also like how the difficulty increases as you go deeper in. That it's not just a "level 30 dungeon" but potentially a dungeon that will challenge people at level 40 or even 50 if they go after the most difficult parts. This is a real throwback to games like Everquest, where you were never really "safe" because there was usually something running around that was much higher than everything else in the zone. I like the diversity of this dungeon and the design that keeps it from becoming trivial even well past it's intended group level range.

Eltibule
    Again, the progressive difficulty as you reach out from the entrance is great. The overall design of the world and terrain here feels pretty epic. Again, the progressive difficulty as you reach out from the entrance is great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
    This was one of the best MMO tutorial zones I've seen in a while.
    I completely agree; the tutorial zone is what got me hooked on the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree too with all you said but to highlight strongly that the tutorial zone was what sold me (And kinda still does as I still need some favor to complete it)
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - PG Community >

- You can be a Wolf/Bat/Spider/Deer

- You can die from insects bursting out of your stomach

- Putting the difficult in 'Difficulty level'

- You can be a duck
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
    Ability to Play Every Class
    I think it's really cool that Gorgon doesn't lock you into a class or an archetype and leaves you free to explore all the skills in the game to the extent that they are interesting to you.
    I agree with you here and would just add that what I like is that you, so far, pretty much have the ability to be every class on a single character. I really hope that continues as much as possible.

Hang Outs
    These are awesome and really well thought out, the ability to "play" and gain experience when logged out is really great. It makes it easier to logout and provides and incentive to log back in, excellent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love love love that you can be every single class etc. That would be a bad thing for me if that changed playing wise. That is a key component to me, of the heart of this game so I do love that too!!

I love all that everyone has listed.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumori View Post

- You can die from insects bursting out of your stomach

- Putting the difficult in 'Difficulty level'
    As much as I love this game I'm still not sold on the no death penalty aspect. To each his own I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I Think is great about this game so far:

1) death xp

2) trade skill depth

3) the amount of skills and how they are symbiotic in nature (as they help raise other skills, and everything is interconnected)

4) Ice fishing

5) freedom to wear whatever kind of armor you want

6) farming (the growing of food and flowers ect)

7) run speed buffs

8) the ability to play animals

9) flight

10) environmental effects from zones

11) the vast number of different armor effects you can have

12) all the mods for armor / weapons / jewelry in the applicable skills and the ability to customize those further for the build you like to play

13) the idea of druid events, Lycan events ect

14) the used tab!

15) vendor favor and spending caps

16) the idea that nothing is really vendor trash everything is used

17) guild quests

18) from what I have tried every combat skill actually seems viable

18) the community is actually quiet helpful and welcoming

19) optional hardcore mode

20) hang outs and the ability to get some kind of xp when offline.

thats off the top of my head. I am not turning a blind eye to the things that need or could vastly be improved imo, I am just stating things that I really like about the game.

--edited for clarity

Yak
    Last edited by Yaksnot; 04-04-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asalts View Post
    As much as I love this game I'm still not sold on the no death penalty aspect. To each his own I guess.
    Well you can play on hardcore and that's a pretty substantial penalty. Dying from bosses without defeating it places a curse on you character, which is also a penalty.

Since 'Death' is a passive skill to level in general play terms it can't have too heavy a cost. I have tried EQ and I get there are players that enjoy the weight of having that 'don't die or else' mentality hanging over their heads but I don't think it detracts from PG. If anyone thinks this they really should take a few steps back to gain some perspective, PG is its own game.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumori View Post
    - PG Community > *
    this is what i believe

Thread Footer