Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Golem ability level cap and ice fishing questions

Hi, i have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone heard anything about whether higher level golem abilities (i.e. Rage Acid Toss etc) will be added? I bought a bunch of the level 4 abiilities before the chemist moved. The top tier abilites now are level 5 and unlock at around 51 BC (afaik -- Mox doesn't seem to sell any). Debating dropping 75k to get my golem better abilities now. But, since golem abilites don't require the predecessor ability, i'm hesitant, since i could likely use the level 6's or 7's were they available.

2. Are the ice fishing 8 hour kits bugged? These are the only ones i've unlcoked, and they claim to yield 12-35 fish, but seem to only give 12-15. Will i get more if i fish in a different frozen lake (maybe in Gazluk)? I've only ever used the lake near Kur Tower.

All i could find on the subject was this thread from 4 months ago, speculating a bug:
    http://projectgorgon.com/forum/gener...-no-difference

Thanks.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any accurate answers but I'm willing to share some fuzzy guesses and wild speculation.

I haven't head anything about new golem abilities, but since the current ones have been around since before battle chemistry had its level cap raised past 50, I think it's likely there will be more in the future. Sometime...

I'd assume that when new golem abilities get added, the golem abilities will also get reworked to always require the previous tier first. Things like that cropped up before (e.g. ability scrolls) and were eventually fixed as a bug. I assume the golem abilities will be similar.

I've been holding off on buying the golem abilities I don't currently use, in the hopes that maybe their cost will become less or they will get affected by the general NPC training discount. That's probably an unfounded hope since Citan's been treating battle chemistry as an advanced skill, so he's likely going to assume that anyone powerful enough to level alchemy to 50 and get to Rahu is also going to be rich enough to drop crazy amounts of money on golem training. Still, not training abilities now that I don't plan on using anyway doesn't hurt me.

I had no idea about the fishing - I have just been doing my 8h fishing gear and assumed that I was getting the correct amount of fish. Thanks for finding that old thread! One other odd thing I noticed is that the type and number of fish seems to never vary as long as I drop the traps in the same location. Near Kur Tower is the best fishing spot I found so far (always 10 eel, 1 shark, some perch); I don't think there are any ice lakes in Gazluk? I haven't explored quite everywhere yet, but from the map it doesn't look likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not entirely sure either, although when the level caps were raised it was mentioned that BC was sort of getting a quick fix, and was still being looked at, I guess that golem skills would be part of this, and just haven't been upgraded?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cratoh View Post
    I'm not entirely sure either, although when the level caps were raised it was mentioned that BC was sort of getting a quick fix, and was still being looked at, I guess that golem skills would be part of this, and just haven't been upgraded?
    Everything with BC seems to be staying the way it is for now. I say this because of a dev blog from january http://projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/...tes-january-16 .

There is more but this is the most relevant part:
    ...With that in mind, I'll need to compare it to other high-level skills. (For example, most weapon skills will have several specializations at high level that offer more breadth, perhaps equivalent to the broad scope of Battle Chemistry.) When compared to other high level options, it might not be so overpowered, and it might not need any major changes. So rather than hack at it now and then potentially have to revamp it again in the future, I'm going to wait and see. ...
    So, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

2) I don't ice fish, but i don't think there are many people that do, so good catch. Would report it in-game so that a ticket is made.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses, all. I'll send in a bug report for the ice fishing thing.

Thread Footer