Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Druid Events and the new loot lock - we need to talk this one out!

OK so now that most of us have experienced a druid event under the new group and loot rules, what do you think?

Personally, I hate it. I felt there was no value or real incentive to even show up. I can live with not making xp for a while. I'll show up make a couple hits, sit at the drop and collect my blessings because I'm not going to get anything else out of it. I think an exception to the loot rule needs to be made here. Either revert to the old loot rules specifically for the event or come up with a "tag it and you can loot" type of rule. The tag option will at least keep people engaged. I see a loot lock icon and 3 droaches heading towards me and think "why should I bother?". I hope a better solution can be found and implemented.

I will say this much so that I'm clear: This isn't something that would make me rage quit or anything like that, although it would make me think twice about messing with the druid skill if I were contemplating taking it.

And yes...I know...we're testing. That's why I'm posting this. (This was for all those who were about to play the "calm down it's an alpha test" card)
    Last edited by mrwarp; 03-26-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think for this we need a percentage you need to reach to be able to loot. Something like between 10 to 15% or so sounds right to me . I like the loot rules in dungeons though and think that 6 man groups should remain the same as well.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly there needs to be some loot rules that work for the open-world events which don't work for dungeons and vice versa.

I don't think I'd be playing this game if it weren't for the open-world loot rules in the lower levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree the open world loot rules at lower levels are great. I would hate to see that go away when I level up and have everything be strictly for groups or due to groups.

I solo a lot ! And enjoy that.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something is definitely wrong, it really brought out the worst in people during the Eltibule event today. This needs some more work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surveying in Eltibule at the time of this event. While I was sorting out my maps i was watching the event unfold.

I saw a number of people tag mobs and then run to the next mob to tag etc, then running off not killing the tagged mobs. I can think of a number of reasons for doing this, but that would be speculation at this stage.

If they were expecting high lvl players to kill the mobs, this wasn't working as players were leaving tagged mobs alone to roam around tagged until killed by someone else. If they were doing it to grief, that is another issue.

What caught my eye though is that players were not assisting each other, but rather killing mobs solo, if they were high enough lvl, or sticking to their groups and going from mob to mob etc. Solo or group, no one entity helped another.

Then what i saw was a large number of players at the Serbule port just standing there because they could not do anything due to the tagged mobs outnumbering untagged mobs.

Global chat was interesting.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Please keep in mind that we have a fairly major bug with loot permissions affecting people right now. In particular, closing a corpse can make it unlootable by anyone else - whether that's another group member trying to open an elite corpse that someone else in the group has already opened, or a solo player opening corpses to leave the loot for other lower level solo'ers in the area. And that's definitely not intended behavior!

We should have fixes for these bugs hotfixed soon - possibly this evening.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And tagging might be inconsequential - while running survey maps I often whack mobs to trigger knockbacks or stuns so I can get away. I'd hate to think I'd be screwing someone over by doing that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srand View Post
    Please keep in mind that we have a fairly major bug with loot permissions affecting people right now.
    Yeah, that was my thought when it just took over global chat the other day. That people were just confused about what was a bug and what the intended behavior was. However, the outdoor druid world events in particular draw so many people that they might be a special edge case even when the bug is fixed.

That said, the bug is super duper annoying!
    Last edited by Lendari; 03-27-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get rid of loot on druid events. They were ridiculous anyway for gearflation. Provide another source of kraken tendrils.

Thread Footer