Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resurrection Skill Essential to Group Play?

For an MMO, it's important for group play to be a central theme. By restricting ressurection to people with level 50 first aid or a surplus of guild credits to throw around, you're really working against that right from the start with new players. Many times now I have seen parties split up and then subsequently be left with no choice but to break up just because one person died and there was no way to get them back.

Here's a suggestion for a new ressurrection skill.

• The skill leaves both the target and the caster with a serious %age debuff to armor\health\power regen that lasts probably 10-15 minutes.
    • New players can receive the weakest version of the skill from the boss on Anagouge island.
    • Improved versions of the skill reduce the debuff duration by using reagents (like diamonds) instead. Higher level version might use large quantities of reagents to return the target back to full combat readiness or even with positive buffs from their near death experience.

This let's low level players continue to work as a team if someone dies accidentally. It also allows the skill to grow in power (for those who invest in the specialty) but in a way that is never an "instant win" button because of the punishing debuff or the high reagent cost.

Make sense?
    Last edited by Lendari; 03-26-2017 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Clarifying my thoughts and taking into account some of the commentary about the guild board version of the skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with this, at least make it where the resurrection grass or whatever is more accessible. Mainly when you get to the first group dungeon (Dark Chapel) at lvl 50.
    Last edited by drivendawn; 03-26-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get it through the guild board with credits - resurrection grass.

Not to mention the guild res skills.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels horrible being that one guy...I would know, I WAS that guy today! *waves* Hey Lendari, good few runs today, despite my dying xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumori View Post
    You can get it through the guild board with credits - resurrection grass.

Not to mention the guild res skills.
    Ok I didn't know this as I am not part of a guild and because I only play so often. Good to know and scratch my comment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, none of this seems like a real solution that makes the skill accessible prior to the later game.
    Last edited by Lendari; 03-26-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well perhaps have one skill that leads to a player resurrection skill but it is hard to get or level up (but could be done at any level) and that has some costs associated with it.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or let us loot while we're dead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup that too
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
    Hmm, none of this seems like a real solution that makes the skill accessible prior to the later game.
    It depends on your definition of "the later game". The first proper -group- dungeon is Dark Chapel (DC) and that's at least 50+ now with a max party of six. Ways to get a res skill...

- Eternal Greens from: [Guild Board with guild credits] OR [a drop from Ciervos (Deer Boss in deep Goblin Dungeon) ]
    - Guild credits again to purchase the guild res skills
    - Levelling First Aid to lvl 50 to gain access to it's res skill

As far as a solution goes - don't die maybe?

Basic party dynamic is to have the tanky person build up a taunt so that the DPS doesn't get mauled, while PG doesn't require insane strategies or party mechanics there are ways to avoid dying.

We do have res skills but there's no need for them early on. Grind out First Aid if you want it, if I recall you're a member of Holy Order, and I'm fairly certain your guild decimates guild quests, so you should have a lot of credits, (assuming you haven't used them without looking into the options available). So just purchase the first aid skill through the board if you don't feel like grinding FA. [It costs credits to cast so make sure you have some spare :^)) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Or let us loot while we're dead?
    Iirc this was something people used to be able to do, but if dead people can't cast skills they shouldn't really be able to loot...

Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    Well perhaps have one skill that leads to a player resurrection skill but it is hard to get or level up (but could be done at any level) and that has some costs associated with it.
    There's no point having a res skill early on, new players shouldn't just be able to throw themselves at everything and always have a back up like that. Grind First Aid like everyone else or resort to guild quests.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Thread Footer