Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think resurrection is fine how it is, and the real problem is the tuning on the dungeons. The new group size limit is way smaller than the usual group size, and a lot of dungeons were tuned based on the feedback of people running in 10-15 man groups. Obviously this means 6 man runs are going to be a lot more difficult and people will be dying a lot more, which means resurrection is more of a necessity than it perhaps should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always disliked low-level resurrection skills, and also feel that the skill is fine as is.

An alternative which might address this problem is the ability to portal a player to a group. I've seen one implementation I rather liked where some number of players with the portal ability join together to pull a player to them. Then, if the player dies, as long as enough group members survived, they could portal the player back to their location.

Of course this immediately raises the same issue with the portal ability if it ends up being a high player level skill. But perhaps it could be offered at a low level which would require more players to join in to portal a player, and at higher levels of the skill, fewer players would be needed.

I liked this portal ability in the game(s) I've seen it. It really does seem to help foster good group gameplay. Some careful consideration would be needed by the PG devs though, since it might allow unexpected bypassing of quests, dungeon levels, etc. We wouldn't want a mechanic that allowed a couple of players to "camp" on the necromancy altar and pull new group members to their location all day long, for example. So some restrictions would also be needed.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps there should be a special ability to bring players back at notable requirements: Threshhold of an Elite, or after defeating an Elite? Like, when the last in a boss-battle dies, everyone to damaged/aggro table of the boss gets a free res?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumori View Post
    As far as a solution goes - don't die maybe?
    Hmm, the question is not "should people die". That is a straw man. They should not and there should be punishment. However, the question I am posing is more complex: "is the current death experience within the context of a supportive multi-player group working as intended"?

My experience is that this event causes groups to either (1) disband or (2) altruistically re-clear and entire dungeon for one individual.

If you believe that is working as intended, so be it. However, saying "don't die" isn't really contributing to that discussion.
    Last edited by Lendari; 03-27-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
    Hmm, the question is not "should people die". That is a straw man. They should not and there should be punishment. However, the question I am posing is more complex: "is the current death experience within the context of a supportive multi-player group working as intended"?

My experience is that this event causes groups to either (1) disband or (2) altruistically re-clear and entire dungeon for one individual.

If you believe that is working as intended, so be it. However, saying "don't die" isn't really contributing to that discussion.
    You quoted a small portion of a larger point so kudos to you, buddy.

If that's all you took away from what I said I'm sorry you feel hurt that I countered your silly idea for yet another res skill. Not to mention how silly it is for new or lower level players to have such a skill seeing as there are no lower level dungeons that are particularly large nor can they get very far anyway.

Your scenarios or 'experiences' were what, with parties without the skill? Clearly no boy scouts present, never taught about being always prepared?

PG has the res skills there in the game for those who want them, you merely have to work for them. New/lower level players who don't even know such a skill exists just have to go looking for one if they want one. Otherwise... what's the point? So that death becomes nothing?

Honestly, it just sounds like you're having a rough time without the skill. If you don't want to work for it however - well, that's on you.

[Also it wasn't a straw man, it was more of a "is this guy serious..."]
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

I support the idea of another way to rez, and at lower levels (15, 25, 50, 75) with improved effects on the target (more % of full, less debuff...) and the caster (better cooldown, less consumption, faster cast...).

It could be attached to different skills, with variations.

Meditation, Mentalism, First Aid, Battle Chemistry, Necromaniac...

Could be with a debuff, a lock on maxlife for some minutes, the need of a potion, the sacrifice of an object, group only, but also a normal simple rez-cast.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bards now have a lvl 50 skill that can mass resurrect under certain conditions

Spoiler Spoiler:
    The Cows Are Always Watching.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then don't make it early on Just make it later in game or is there already one?
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest educating people rather than getting all snarky Tsugomori because many, like me, who are newer don't even know if there is one in the game at all. We are just starting out. So how would we know? I did not take your comment at me so much as snarky as the one towards another.

Educate That is the best thing to do when you feel someone is not seeing your point rather than jumping to conclusions. For instance, I don't want the game to be too easy with too many rez skills either early on or at all honestly but I am still open to hearing all sides and hashing it out by talking and listening and being educated and in some cases educating.
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does that bard rez skill come from please?

Thread Footer