Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekno2002 View Post
    I know its bad manners to Nerco a dead thread, but it would be an interesting Idea to be able to summon your undead pet using a dead players tombstone. I keep seeing them all over the place and it would just be kind of funny.
    You can do that already. Any 3 player tombstones near enough to each other are considered a graveyard for purposes of summoning skeletons. In fact, I often see players deliberately kill themselves 3x on entering some dungeons just to have a ready-to-hand graveyard.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilphyr View Post
    Hi! I've been testing the Necromancer class recently and I've come up with a number of support ideas for the class based on the skills/mechanics you've already implemented. I would also like to address a problem I've encountered and recommend a pet that's party friendly.

I think pets are a large part of necromancy. I'll now detail the problems I've found using necromancer pets and my suggestions to fix them.

Thank you for the work you've done so far!
    To be honest necro sucking in the pet category is kinda of expected considering your relying on a ai to fight for you and that is in itself a external power, will never get why people would rely on pets instead of focusing on your own power and making yourself hit harder instead

Also believe it or not necro used to be op af in 2015 before the nerf its never been the same you can't fix something that's been nerfed into the ground so easily sure you can say oh yeah we reworked it, but I don't expect to max level it only to find it still sucks, I have other guinea pigs ingame that are to stubborn to tell me how that goes

In short and a none sugar coated response for a long time you can expect the pet system to suck but in time it will eventually get fixed, in the meantime do what alot of other players have already done and switch to a better skill hell at this point animal handlings better then necro pets, legit stop trying to make a dead skill work you will be happier currently I am not even trying to put this skill down I am just stating a fact, I am 64 in necro and gave it up used to be necro and sword then I switched to shield because I knew the moment they nerfed it and all my mods were maxed and it still sucked for level 60 stuff I knew I made the right choice, if it sucks at level 60 on level 60 enemies how do you expect it to be at 70, and yes your more then welcome to waste your time, money and resources and prove me wrong but until then bye felisha
    Last edited by spider91301; 04-10-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    To be honest necro sucking in the pet category is kinda of expected considering your relying on a ai to fight for you and that is in itself a external power, will never get why people would rely on pets instead of focusing on your own power and making yourself hit harder instead
    With good pet control (not AI), I have a ton of fun playing a pet class. WoW warlock & hunter were great: I could tell my pet to attack a target, and it would attack that target, and keep attacking it until I told it to do something else; I could position the two of us to control the fight; I could juggle aggro between my pet and me; my pets had actual special abilities to do CC, buffing, debuffing, and more. (Guild Wars 2 offered something similar with its Ranger class, although the pets were kind of bland-feeling.) I can't do any of that stuff with Project Gorgon pets because I have no control and must rely on the AI—which is terrible. Someone in GW2 once said a pet is just a DoT with a hit box. Now, with WoW and GW2's pet special abilities, that isn't strictly true of in those games; but I would say it's true of Project Gorgon. Clever Trick and Sic 'Em don't even compare for special abilities, on any of the tameable beasts.

In short and a none sugar coated response for a long time you can expect the pet system to suck but in time it will eventually get fixed, in the meantime do what alot of other players have already done and switch to a better skill hell at this point animal handlings better then necro pets, legit stop trying to make a dead skill work you will be happier currently I am not even trying to put this skill down I am just stating a fact, I am 64 in necro and gave it up used to be necro and sword then I switched to shield because I knew the moment they nerfed it and all my mods were maxed and it still sucked for level 60 stuff I knew I made the right choice, if it sucks at level 60 on level 60 enemies how do you expect it to be at 70, and yes your more then welcome to waste your time, money and resources and prove me wrong but until then bye felisha
    I dumped Animal Handling a while back. Not only is the AI just bad, it's outright buggy; my pet would just sit there half the time. Necromancy pets, by contrast, are quite reliable and even robust. They require some care, but can be very powerful if played well. Several of my level-capped guildmates use Necromancy quite effectively.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corax View Post
    I dumped Animal Handling a while back. Not only is the AI just bad, it's outright buggy; my pet would just sit there half the time. Necromancy pets, by contrast, are quite reliable and even robust. They require some care, but can be very powerful if played well. Several of my level-capped guildmates use Necromancy quite effectively.
    Totally agree but I wanted to point them in a direction they might like better but me honestly fuck relying on external power and this dumb ass ai to save me I will focus powering and upgrading myself not waste mods on pets that are dumber then dirt

Most people are to stubborn to change the fact that they want animals to be good but they aren't so I pointed them to animal handling which have a better tanking capability then necro pets even if they are dumber then dirt
    Last edited by spider91301; 04-11-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    Totally agree but I wanted to point them in a direction they might like better but me honestly fuck relying on external power and this dumb ass ai to save me I will focus powering and upgrading myself not waste mods on pets that are dumber then dirt
    In this game, yes. Upgrade yourself, 'cause your pet's gonna sit there doing nothing half the time anyhow.

Most people are to stubborn to change the fact that they want animals to be good but they aren't so I pointed them to animal handling which have a better tanking capability then necro pets even if they are dumber then dirt
    AH pets are awful, terrible, very bad, no-good tanks. They aren't even good supplemental DPS because, as I mentioned, half the time they don't even engage the target, or they spread their DPS around on whatever last hit you—assuming they cover the distance before the next attack comes. They sure as hell don't pull or hold aggro to any reliable degree. Skeletons will get right in there. Archers can just shoot at a new target, and warriors, though they might have similar non-focused DPS as animal pets, do stun your target automatically for you when their rage bars fill.

I won't even bother playing AH anymore, but I do consider necromancy a fun side build for when I am bored with my main or locked out of xp for it because I need to drum up 88k councils. (Actually I'll play my main even with an xp lock; if more games focused on enjoyable gameplay instead of watching XP bars move, and making them move faster, we'd all be a lot better off. But that is a topic for a very different thread.)
    Last edited by Corax; 04-13-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corax View Post
    In this game, yes. Upgrade yourself, 'cause your pet's gonna sit there doing nothing half the time anyhow.

AH pets are awful, terrible, very bad, no-good tanks. They aren't even good supplemental DPS because, as I mentioned, half the time they don't even engage the target, or they spread their DPS around on whatever last hit you—assuming they cover the distance before the next attack comes. They sure as hell don't pull or hold aggro to any reliable degree. Skeleton will get right in there. Archers can just shoot at a new target, and warriors, though they might have similar non-focused DPS as animal pets, do stun your target automatically for you when their rage bars fill.

I won't even bother playing AH anymore, but I do consider necromancy a fun side build for when I am bored with my main or locked out of xp for it because I need to drum up 88k councils. (Actually I'll play my main even with an xp lock; if more games focused on enjoyable gameplay instead of watching XP bars move, and making them move faster, we'd all be a lot better off. But that is a topic for a very different thread.)
    Its official its the apocalypses someone agreed with me and didn't sugarcoat it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The massive problem I have with it is needed to rely on RNG to get gear to use necro spells, having to wait for a random drop that has a necro gem in it is maddening

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Necromancer can be fun, even though it's "only AI". Diablo 2 is old like a rock and the necro is still awesome. Running around with a skelly army feels good, why can't that be possible in 2019?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazeandi View Post
    Necromancer can be fun, even though it's "only AI". Diablo 2 is old like a rock and the necro is still awesome. Running around with a skelly army feels good, why can't that be possible in 2019?
    You ever heard of this little abomination called Unity?

Thread Footer