Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Addy View Post
    I think they should get rid of the "Graveyard" Component for summoning a pet.

I like this mechanic, or rather the idea of it, but it is a pain to re-summon.

Perhaps summons need to be easier, and instead the graveyard mechanic could do something slightly different, for example:

1) Give some meaningful buff instead
    2) Start a 1 hour/30 minute timer that your (dead) pet can then be re-summoned at will outside of a graveyard.
    3) Level up your pets in some way, currently they seem quite weak compared to the new animal handling.
    4) Act as conduit to turn unleaded bones into summon-able bones you can use later outside a graveyard
    5) some other interesting thing.

The graveyard mechanic is interesting, yet quite tedious barbecue of pet deaths. Current strategies of killing yourself 3 times to make 3 gravestones so you can summon outside a graveyard doesn't sit entirely well with me. In the same way that the previous mode of death travel to Serbule didn't
    Last edited by Murk; 05-03-2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the possibility of a tempory item that can be constructed/deployed? Let's call it a "skullcrow" for lack of something better. Make it part of Phrenology. Uses is similar to a storage box or chair or other deployable items. Craft it, (maybe only in graveyards?), keep in inventory, and then deploy the item. It looks like a gangly scarecrow made of bones and skulls. It can be used to summon new pets and lasts a set amount of time and then goes away. Crafting recipes would scale up , needing better skulls and more femurs, but last far longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we get a Lich form for high level necromancer which can help reduce some of the problems you were talking about, maybe sacraficing some max life for respawns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes please. Commitment to Necromancy making you undead(and/or it being locked behind a ritual) would be amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was always a warlock in WoW. Necro here is VERY underwhelming. Summons die if they get sneezed on then you have to run for days to get new ones. Just not worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you guys pair Necro with? Mentalism or Bard for healing skellies?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is pretty old - does anyone have new feedback on the recent necro changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Krustydog View Post
    Was always a warlock in WoW. Necro here is VERY underwhelming.
    Warlock was beyond crap for a very long time in that game and the infernal was extremely shitty (made weak and pointless eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by Krustydog View Post
    Summons die if they get sneezed on then you have to run for days to get new ones. Just not worth it.
    I really have to wonder if it is not time to ditch the graveyard mechanic for necro.

Are necro pets super strong to need the graveyard mechanic? Not that I'm aware.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this thread has started there has been numerous buffs to necro. I think any class as strong as necro should have downsides. I see more necros around but I think it's reputation will forever be that of a weak class. The majority can have a singular thought and be very wrong, so I recommend to everyone who has the skill to test it.

I have found the class's direct attacks remain weak, even with mods. But their pets become are very strong with mods--specifically the zombie. The necro is a single target DPS machine. At times feels wrong to talk about all of the necro pets and trying to lump the zombie in with the minions. They're radically different. The minons are just a cherry on top of the zombies massive DPS.

The necro downsides are: Any healing spells outside of the necro specific ones don't touch the pets.
    Finding the necro-enabling gem and no priesty gems is hard for most people.
    Some of the pets require reagents.
    And the graveyard. The graveyard summoning option can be abandoned by the lazy because of the ratkin blasters. I actually prefer the fire mages aka spend the 2 minutes to make a graveyard. When I'm feeling cheap I opt for the Free-archers. The archers have always been an option, and I don't know why the anti-graveyard people pretend they don't exist.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because some people ( probably most) intend for skeletal swordsmen to "tank" for them. They get all the mods for their hp / armor /aggro. ( this still has issues though since proximity aggro seems to be huge and you are the one that has to get it, because there is no /command or ability that will cause them to run ahead of you to pick up said aggro).

The archers can't fill that role after the swordsmen die. At that point any mods you have that aren't direct damage are a waste of space.

Pets as dps is fine and has always been fine ( except when they didn't hit hard enough to penetrate mob armor), they are basically damage over time effects with a visual, downside is they can pull extra aggro and wipe you, and also that /pet assist is working like /pet guard me, instead of them waiting for you to actually attack to assist you, they just fire on anything that attacks you. Which F's you in the A when it's a ranged mob that you are intending to pull back from it's friends. They are fun for flavor but in groups pets continue to be a liability.. can you overcome it? Sure. Should it be necessary? Nope.

If your only intent is to use necro pets as dps, then any other skill would do more dps without potentially killing you while attempting to do it. The graveyard requirement is just icing on the cake... but the bad /unnecessarily penalizing kind.

The only upside of pets that I can see is they allow you to be lazy and still do some damage, because they spam 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 for you. You don't have to keep clicking as much.
    Last edited by ErDrick; 03-29-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two of the big gripes with pets in general is that only you can see their health and you can't directly target them with F keys when you are alone. Can we have a keybind for cycle target 'my pets'? Can we have an option for show group pet health bars?

It would be so great too if we could learn a generic sidebar 'go attack that' ability from either: necro/bc/AH (heavily leaning towards AH). This would be a similar ability to how you can cast a fireball form fire magic without having fire on your bar (and not having a staff equipped).

Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    The necro downsides are: Any healing spells outside of the necro specific ones don't touch the pets.
    This is the one I don't understand more than anything. In a game where you're supposed to be able to pick any two classes and go.... nothing heals for necro.

I feel like this should be changed to something like: any heals except priest magic will heal undead. Or maybe certain heals are ok for undead and others are not. Druid/priest = no. Mentalism/bard/bc/psychology=yes. Why? Because the source of the healing is not fundamentally powered by radically opposed forces.

Or there should be a mod on on armor piece where your pets get 50% of the heals you receive from spells/abilities and 100% from mod abilties when you use X ability. The latter would allow you to make some interesting builds where you 'heal' your pets by attacking.

I could also see a caveat here where the zombie is only healed by necro magic.

Finding the necro-enabling gem and no priesty gems is hard for most people.
    Some of the pets require reagents.
    These are class specific annoyances but they are in line with skills like fire where you can't cast magic if your big toe is in the water and unarmed losing access to certain abilities if you are not using unarmed weapons only.

And the graveyard.
    This is one thing I'd like to see go as well.

Not being able to heal your pets with 'regular' heals combined with making them be stupid to summon causes issues. These together would make sense if the pets were amazing damage glass cannons or something (they aren't and I dont think anyone is asking for that).

I hear one person in game say: Necro is great and works fine.
    I hear almost everyone else say: Necro can work (sorta) but gives me a headache to play it.

Thread Footer