Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you can, you just need three or four in a close area to count as a 'graveyard'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be with out needing the 3 or for graves. On the other hand there could also be a mechanic where you need a skull or other type of bone in your inverntory to summon a pet.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying that you're wrong, of course. Pets could also leave tiny gravestones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekno2002 View Post
    This would be with out needing the 3 or for graves. On the other hand there could also be a mechanic where you need a skull or other type of bone in your inverntory to summon a pet.
    This exists, using a skull u can summon Skeletal Archers anywhere. Sir Arif teaches this skill after relevant favour level. Also, I feel that the problem of Summoning skeleons is not as great as the play mechanics of the skeletons itself. If summoning skeletons were actually worth it, and they are tanky enough to remain around for days, who wouldn't run to a graveyard and get them? They should be less-temporary and more "permanent", in the sense that they are able to survive with a buff to their AI, aggro mechanics etc. The whole PET class mechanics needs a major rework....which Citan has promised in the near future ^_^

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    problem is necro pets/skeletons get rekt in places like gazluck keep or labs anything past elt is even a challenge I uncapped necro at 60 did the math of damage dealt and how strong my skeletons can be and concluded that 100k for sht minions and sht damage wasnt worth it im never afking even if it was just 10k I just wish skeletons could have the same stats as the player same armor same health same combat style/skill set like sword and shield and maybe program them to use moves in a chain by programing them like a golem but they only do a fraction of the damage you do like 5/8ths of your damage when using the same move also would love to see there move cooldown bars in a mini screen in the bottom right so I can feel like their actually doing crap

If things stay the way they are necro is just and still a trophy skill at higher levels
    Last edited by spider91301; 02-09-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend is a Necro/FM and for some reason he now can't raise a Shambling Corpse ?

He used to ages ago when he first got the ability but recently no matter what corpse nothing happens.

So I decided to level Necro to show him what he was doing wrong and I can't create a Shambling Corpse either ?

What are we doing wrong ?

Info says any undisturbed corpse, I take this to mean a corpse just killed with out touching it in anyway ?

We have tried many Corpses, do they need to be the same level as the Ability ?

Or does any corpse become the level you have available ?

Any help would be grateful

It's probably something simple, I hope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What all Necromancer need is an Abomination. A creature woven together with the sinew of fallen enemies and bound by threads of Darkness itself. This Abomination should wear down and require constant replacement of parts. The parts used should determine the Abomination's stats, skills, and decay rate. Maintaining a proper and useful Abomination should be tantamount to maintaining an herb collection, meticulous research, or properly labeled reagents. It should be the ultimate pursuit of all who study Necromancy to sculpt the ideal Abomination. One that is durable, hosts extreme longevity, and applies ample force to any obstacle impeding their Dark Purpose.

And Necromancy is not learned as an apprentice from a master. It is the sudden and merciless awareness that ultimate power lies within the Darkness. Necromancy should be bound by blood to scrolls of flesh, cursed artifacts, and ancient creatures who serve the Darkness. Objects of awareness, communing with the Dead, Soul Bonds with immortal beings in service of Darkness itself. These are the paths to Necromancy. The pursuit of true Power leads inevitably to a choice. The choice to seek the power in Darkness, or to relinquish, in great faith, ultimate power to the Light.

Corpse explosions are parlor tricks taught by those skilled in explosives and stealth. Skeletal animations are child's play and require little more than basic training in control magic. One could just as easily beguile a broom closet full of wooden "skeletons". The true mark of a Necromancer is their ability to bind the Darkness itself to Flesh. The Darkness requires vessels to strike down the strongest of Light's servants. Through the acquisition of more powerful vessels a Necromancer can bind yet larger quantities of Darkness.

As the most powerful of Light's Servant die, so shall rise the Darkness to snuff their precious Light from existence. This is Dark Purpose. This is Necromancy. The Darkness will always come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZennExile View Post
    What all Necromancer need is an Abomination. A creature woven together with the sinew of fallen enemies and bound by threads of Darkness itself. This Abomination should wear down and require constant replacement of parts. The parts used should determine the Abomination's stats, skills, and decay rate. Maintaining a proper and useful Abomination should be tantamount to maintaining an herb collection, meticulous research, or properly labeled reagents. It should be the ultimate pursuit of all who study Necromancy to sculpt the ideal Abomination. One that is durable, hosts extreme longevity, and applies ample force to any obstacle impeding their Dark Purpose.

And Necromancy is not learned as an apprentice from a master. It is the sudden and merciless awareness that ultimate power lies within the Darkness. Necromancy should be bound by blood to scrolls of flesh, cursed artifacts, and ancient creatures who serve the Darkness. Objects of awareness, communing with the Dead, Soul Bonds with immortal beings in service of Darkness itself. These are the paths to Necromancy. The pursuit of true Power leads inevitably to a choice. The choice to seek the power in Darkness, or to relinquish, in great faith, ultimate power to the Light.

Corpse explosions are parlor tricks taught by those skilled in explosives and stealth. Skeletal animations are child's play and require little more than basic training in control magic. One could just as easily beguile a broom closet full of wooden "skeletons". The true mark of a Necromancer is their ability to bind the Darkness itself to Flesh. The Darkness requires vessels to strike down the strongest of Light's servants. Through the acquisition of more powerful vessels a Necromancer can bind yet larger quantities of Darkness.

As the most powerful of Light's Servant die, so shall rise the Darkness to snuff their precious Light from existence. This is Dark Purpose. This is Necromancy. The Darkness will always come.
    This is a great idea! Also, it would be nice if Bard spells or group effects would effect pets. It would help make them viable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When outside of combat, you should be able to summon necro pets from lootable, humanoid corpses (consuming/burying the corpse in the process).

In combat, you should still only be able to summon shambling pets form any previously living corpse.

Keep the ability to summon from a graveyard around for times where no valid corpses are otherwise handy and also to create tactical situations where fighting in a graveyard allows a necro to chain create non-shambling undead as needed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekno2002 View Post
    I know its bad manners to Nerco a dead thread, but it would be an interesting Idea to be able to summon your undead pet using a dead players tombstone. I keep seeing them all over the place and it would just be kind of funny.
    So you can do this now, but it required 3 tombstones close together. Give it is a pain to re-summon pets, perhaps this could be adjusted down to 1.

Thread Footer