Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    I do know losing health while swimming puts you in combat but just assumed it was intended. I need to quit assuming My issue is I can be 'too' easy going and things may not bother me that bother some users. I will work on reporting these instances more though.
    It puts you in combat so that you don't regenerate, natural or with food, past the drowning damage. I believe it was probably done to simplify the code versus writing another state a character could be in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it when I kill a creature if I keep it highlighted takes me longer to get out of combat, compare to clicking anything but kill after done gets me out slightly quicker, then I click on kill and loot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    First step is to see WHY you are in combat. Hover your mouse over the "in combat" icon at the top right of the screen. It will say, for instance, "You are in combat with Rat and two other enemies" or whatever. How long does it stay that way? Is it just one creature, far away, keeping you in combat? Does the rat ever show up? What is going on? Do you see a pattern?

The more details you can give, the better we can work on the problems. Thanks!
    Trying to do this, I am getting that message when I am fighting a mob (or group of mobs) but after combat it goes to a generic "In Combat"

More to come

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Gez, a ten second delay?

Corpses often vanish on me and I'm just trying to turn them into organs.
    You obviously have something against me posting on these forums like you are some form of higher power.

Keep digging.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd like to help with what Citan asked but I can't. I don't seem to have the combat icon to check.
    I noticed something that tends to keep my char in combat-gear mods that trigger a defense of sorts or a reflect. Like "% damage will be reflected into your next Punch or Kick" type. I noticed that happening while running between ilmari mobs...my char stays in combat till power completely drains out. Also mitigation fields seem to have that effect. These during solo play.

In groups it's easy to notice, the other day a group member couldn't change his skills cause of my char being in combat for no reason at all. The whole 10 people group is chill while my char is crouching and losing power. There's no apparent reason, no icon to check (as far as I could see). I can only get my char to act normal if i /sit and wait. I noticed the same thing yesterday in a 3 people group. The other 2 were fine while my char was doing a Delta Force walk and losing power constantly. I checked my P tab for any reason, couldn't find any.

I reported it few times (especially the first part) but I can't pinpoint the cause, sorry. I'll keep trying to figure it out. I know it's not helpful to report it w/o giving the specifics but I have no idea why it happens.

PS-my ping is about 120-140 and the people in groups oftentimes have way more than that so I excluded lag as a possibility. Maybe it is though.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-19-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Round 1 of testing:

Ok this is what my notations are, could be right could be wrong but this is what I am seeing. (side note I am trying different ways to record so I can post to youtube but not having a ton of luck yet)..

General: there seem to be a delay from when you are in combat, then nothing is going on for a second or two then pops you out of non combat. This seems to be the case after every combat instance. you fight -> kill mob -> nothing is going (ergo you are "cleared") then -> non combat. I don't know if this is right or not but this seems to be what happens...with that established as what I am seeing...

SOLO:

1) Dots, as stated dots will keep you in combat. dots on mobs that are already dead and dots on you from dead mobs. the average fight isn't that long, lets be generous and give it like 10 seconds, some of the dots are 20+ seconds. Sometimes it actually lets you out of combat with a dot on, maybe?? this is due to the dot being far enough between ticks to active that "cleared" status.

PETS:

1)not going to cover it we all know the status of pets but I think it has to do with the same issues as group play

GROUP:

1) It SEEMS like if anyone takes a healing or damaging action in anyway while you are in combat it will extend it for a few more seconds, adding to the state where "cleared" becomes available.

Wonky:

Those are what I have noticed since posting with actual monitoring of the combat status. just for fun though sometimes it seems the rules go out the window and I have yet to figure it out. Jumping..sometimes it puts me in combat sometimes not, still haven't figured out what seems to be the cause. Sometimes rabbits wont run away or attack but will keep you in combat while you are in kur. sometimes it seems to take a really long time for that delay to get to "cleared" status before it lets you out of combat and no idea why that I can tell.

I will keep working on it but the above are what I have been seeing a lot of.

Yak

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. The ten-second thing seems like it might be relevant somehow -- there is a ten-second check in a certain situation (mainly, part of the PvP in-combat checks)... I can't see how it would apply when fighting monsters, but if it's lasting exactly ten seconds, that's a pretty interesting clue. I'm exploring that part of the code now.

The intention is that you should stop being in-combat about 4 seconds after killing the last monster that knows about you. Regarding groups, anyone in the group who's "in combat" will keep all nearby group members in combat. That's by design to prevent exploitable situations (such as when a support character has basically infinite Power by staying out of combat the whole time). For similar reasons, if your pet is in combat, so are you, and vice versa.

DoTs that monsters put on you are supposed to keep you in combat. But DoTs you apply to monsters should only keep you in combat until the monster dies.

@Khaylara - it's this:

It only appears while you're in combat.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup, it doesn't give details, only "You're in combat". I will edit when i test more but I just went to ilmari, i killed a fire drake and got that fire dot on me. It had 18 seconds duration when i checked, after 5-6 seconds I got out of combat while still having the fire dot. Randomly few seconds later when the dot was about to wash out I got in combat again. No indication why, just the same "you're in combat" on the icon. I didn't attack or target anything.

Will add when I get to test more.

edit-From what I've seen the mitigation fields and dots keep my char in combat longer than 4 seconds but the icon gives no indication on why. The dots are a problem though, dots keeping a char in combat=that char doesn't regenerate at the normal rate while taking ticks of damage.
    Another situation happened in the gazluk caves where it kept saying "you're in combat with Mushroom" but there's no mushroom in sight.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-20-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured out the jumping earlier today!

Ok if player X is going speed 10, and Mob Y is going speed 5 then player X will just zoom on by them if they are not hit right? right. so the mob hasnt hit you but your still in its agro radius, so its chasing you until it reaches max distance and resets. IF you jump and take damage with a mob chasing you, even though it hasnt hit you, you will go into combat. thats my theory and im sticking too it...cause i tried it a few times..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final thoughts:

still getting some crazy extended combat periods with pets and in groups. but now we know why that delay is occurring taking steps to avoid it. Honest suggestion is to cut that timer down and honestly feel the dot timer to combat is extensive. I know I play a bit faster than some but standing around waiting just isn't fun.

Two forms of waiting:

1) out of combat working on skills like crafting, or watching paint dry...er I mean arrows

2) waiting for combat to clear

I get a little bit of down time is to be expected even with meals, snacks buffs ect. And I am just being honest, waiting isn't fun. While waiting on archery arrows is painful to watch them dry, you know your damage is going to be better because of the materials and the time your spending to make those arrows. but when your ramped up and ready to go the waiting around to get out of combat: for 4 seconds due to finishing combat, or 20 seconds for a DOT to tick off, just simply isn't fun.

@Khaylara -the mushrooms in at least 2 caves I can think of can spawn "in" the wall. Sometimes you can even see them but you cant attack them. THEY however can attack you. when ya see it just report it as a bug, I'm sure they know about it by now but I'm thinking its pretty far down the list. I just run away to clear combat then keep clear of that mob/ area.

I really appreciate everyone's thoughts on this and for Citan clarifying some things on this.

Yak

Edited for clarity and spacing.
    Last edited by Yaksnot; 03-24-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Thread Footer