Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shardelay View Post
    I'll be burned at the stake for suggesting it, but I think maps should be removed entirely, and MAYBE added on as a very high level and tedious skill. They pull you out of the world and remove immersion and interaction.

Go ahead, flame on!
    Sure. Because every time I click on a spawn and my character gets flipped around, and the landmarks down't load, that will surely increase my enjoyment of the game. Because in the real world I never take a compass reading or look at a far-away landmark and just head straight towards it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there going to be a dungeon map or is the intent that dungeons don't have maps? I think maybe a "fog of war" style map that uncovers as you explore would be good. This might even apply to outside zones. Perhaps NPC's can sell items that uncover certian areas for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shardelay View Post
    ... but I think maps should be removed entirely, and MAYBE added on as a very high level and tedious skill. They pull you out of the world and remove immersion and interaction.
    I agree with you to an extent. I like the idea of maps not being something you have access to immediately. It's like "Oh, this is my first time in this area of the world, but I already know there's a river that I can't see over those two hills". I don't think new players should be left completely in the dark (perhaps they can acquire a basic map (as detailed as you could expect from a quick drawing) from an NPC in the towns, rather I'd like to see a way to encourage and reward exploration further.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendari View Post
    Is there going to be a dungeon map or is the intent that dungeons don't have maps? I think maybe a "fog of war" style map that uncovers as you explore would be good. This might even apply to outside zones. Perhaps NPC's can sell items that uncover certian areas for you.
    I thought it was intentional when I first noticed no map in Kyrulek's Crypt. I loved the idea of a dungeon not being already mapped for me, and I would prefer it to stay that way until my player finds some way to map it, whether that be buying a map from somewhere or mapping it myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vinnicombe your idea is the happy medium place and I like that. Not too extreme on not having maps but just enough little bit of work is not just handed to you.

Once you unlock or do that area, it is done etc. Though I can get around without it, it for sure is more of a challenge with no good map
    ~~Sparkle~~

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind that the dungeons don't have maps, but it would be nice to have at least a view of what's nearby, or group-members. I don't mind if it's sideways or turns around when you move into different sections of the dungeon or whatever.

I just hate getting lost in the middle of combat because move-to-attack or shove flipped my camera around. I don't mind getting lost - I just hate wasting clicks spinning around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnicombe View Post
    I thought it was intentional when I first noticed no map in Kyrulek's Crypt. I loved the idea of a dungeon not being already mapped for me, and I would prefer it to stay that way until my player finds some way to map it, whether that be buying a map from somewhere or mapping it myself.
    Perhaps, by finding a Dungeon Map and a Compass?

Thread Footer