Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Right now I am wearing the top tier 70 gear and I don't feel it outpaces GK. Due to the augmenting problem the gear is missing a couple of mods still so I can't call it top quality just yet I suppose. But I don't think it's effectively above GK atm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Right now I am wearing the top tier 70 gear and I don't feel it outpaces GK. Due to the augmenting problem the gear is missing a couple of mods still so I can't call it top quality just yet I suppose. But I don't think it's effectively above GK atm.
    By my understanding that means that GK is currently too hard.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah it means i'm not OP while wearing the top tier gear so I don't think i'm effectively 20 levels above the dungeon, i certainly can't duo/trio Gaz Keep. Six people in similar gear (crafted or orc yellow sets) seems just right to me at least, elites feel a bit too easy and bosses a bit too hard. If it's meant for a group of 6 in average blues or pinks yes, it might be too hard. I don't really understand why we'd wear blues when we can craft/drop better items though.

Which brings me back to my point *cough cough* augmentation skills and generic mods transmutation

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's meant for a group of 6 in average blues or pinks yes, it might be too hard. I don't really understand why we'd wear blues when we can craft/drop better items though.
    Because in theory yellows will be so rare we'll settle for lesser gear. I don't see that happening with the way gear works right now but who knows what Citan has up his sleeve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If augmentation is lv 50 and you're using a lv 70 item you know the risk involved in it maybe this is one aspect of the game they haven't got around to update yet, or maybe it is supposed to be this way. Wishing you all the best in achieving something good out of your hard work!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you I'm okay with my gear (It's going to be legacied or wiped or outleveled anyway) I'm just a bit taken back when it comes to the part where yellows are supposed to be uber rare. The crafted ones are sooooo rare and the dropped ones are mostly unusable (either single skill+generic mods either with odd skills on them).

It's not really about my issues crafting, I man up and do more vervadium runs etc but I'm not sure if any of these problems I pointed out are intentional and here to stay or they are bugs or omissions. I reported them but no idea if they're even meant to be reported.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just a bit taken back when it comes to the part where yellows are supposed to be uber rare. The crafted ones are sooooo rare and the dropped ones are mostly unusable (either single skill+generic mods either with odd skills on them).
    I could be wrong or it could have changed. I know I read at least two dev posts that said this, but they were on the old forums.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I recall that too. I'm not sure if they want that for data collection on the average gear or for some other reason. Maybe you're right and the higher rarity items will become extremely rare. I'm okay with that as long as what I get as drops is usable.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed a weird bug this weekend where some items I'd crafted had the wrong color for their number of modifiers. I had two items with 3 mods that were blue instead of orange, and one item with 5 mods that was purple instead of yellow. So, if you are crafting and having problems getting the gear you want right now, you may want to count the actual number of mods on an item instead of just checking its color... I have no idea whether this bug could affect dropped items too, or crafted items beyond the lvl 70 leatherworking winter hood for bc/knife.

I've filed a bug report, but I just wanted to post this on the forum in case it helps anyone else looking for new gear.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some items are coded to have one better or one worse than their color would normally indicate...? Did you note which items and levels you had this happen to? (curious)

Thread Footer