Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Armor crafting, augmenting and legacy

First I wanna say I'm very happy with so many options for crafting max level gear. However, I have few problems with the craft process and I'm sure it's a shared concern. I'll just make a list of things that need some tlc in my opinion at least:

-augmentation cap level atm is 50, the level we are and the armors/drops we craft/get are level 70. We fail like mad in extraction, could we please have the level cap for augmenting raised to at least 60

-rerolling mods into generic mods in order to isolate the one we're after. We haven't been able to do that in months, since last october iirc, we really need that feature back

-rerolling mods seems bugged atm. Maybe it's just my bad luck so any other feedback is welcome. I seem to circle between the same 2-3 mods more often than not. This part is particularly annoying because we have to wait a week for a repair. I heard few others saying the same thing, they get the same 2-3 mods over and over. As a result the pieces I really need are sitting nicely in storage because as soon as i repair and try again I end up with the same mods I don't want and with a few k phlogiston less. We need to be able to repair the 0 durability pieces more often, maybe at the cost of more prisms but more often than a week.

-crafting results. This happened before with staves and few other crafted pieces. Today I crafted very little, attempting to get my last yellow piece of max enchanted amazing winter gear. I crafted 4 helms using quartz+blue spinel (fire+staff gems). All 4 helms had the wrong skills on them, a green, a blue, a purple and a yellow. They all had fire but one had fire+necro, one fire+shield etc, no fire+staff at all. The purple and the yellow were also both legacied. So the normal move was to exchange them at the golem since they had 3 respectively 4 different skillsets on them. I got them back but not max enchanted (each of them lost a mod). I understand that's a known bug but it's disheartening, I've been trying for a while to get that last piece and when I finally do (after many vervadium and crystal runs) the result is no better than the max enchant purple i'm wearing now.
    Not ranting but 2 bugs in a row for the same piece of gear, it needs fixing.

The random skillsets I got on some of my crafts seems to be a general thing. Not on crafts only but also on drops. After GK update we are getting way too many drops with random skillsets that we don't use. something is wrong with that part, the gems we use in crafting+our active skillsets should determine the majority of the crafts/drops (not all but the majority). That's not the case anymore. I don't know why but I'm sure there's a technical explanation somewhere

edit-i reported / suggested most of these things ingame too but I figured it's better to put them together here
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-16-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Augmentation cap:
    I view this as a priority. I am still using level 60 gear on some skill builds because of this

Generic mods:
    Much missed functionality, but lived without it for so long, that it is now a nice to have - apart from the generic to randomise skill function. I really miss that

Mod re-rolling:
    Similar experience to Khaylara. I used 1200+ phlog recently and ended up leaving most of the items in the bank waiting for the cool down.

Crafting results:
    Been putting my results down to RNG - used > 70 vervadium on making max. items, without 1 gold appearing, but that's life /randomness I suspect. Nothing to see, move on

Random skill sets on drops:
    I have mentioned this before - it feels too prevalent and I often phlog 12+ gold items /week that are single skill (especially shields)

Obtaining prisms from level 70 items: Reported as a bug
    I seem unable to generate prisms from level 70 gear, even on gold items.
    From memory, I have seen prisms from a gold level 70 item only once and never from pinks, etc. Yet, I use a level 60 or less item and I have no issue
    Last edited by poulter; 03-17-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Crafting results:
    Been putting my results down to RNG - used > 70 vervadium on making max. items, without 1 gold appearing, but that's life /randomness I suspect. Nothing to see, move on"

That too lol. Bad luck with procs in general but the crafts i mentioned were really unusual (not to mention two were straight legacy). That's the first bug. The second is handing these legacy max enchanted pieces to the golem and getting regular ones (1 less mod)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 to this whole topic

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any official input on this please? I'm still crying over that helm. I know it's alpha but it's days and days of collecting vervadium that got wasted on a bug and it's sorta disheartening. The augmenting questions are sort of gamebreaking since it's a feature we can hardly use on level 70 gear.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Update: after about 80-100 vervadium I manage to get another yellow max enchant lvl 70 winter helm. What happened after:

1. Rerolled the same mod over and over, circled between the same 3 mods again. Repaired, tried again, used up more phlogiston, same result I started with. I'm going to have to wait a week before further attempts.
    2. Augmenting it- I decided to augment with a fire bolts mod. I attempted first to extract it out of my blue crafts. Without fail i ended up extracting another augment (fire % damage since I couldn't turn that one generic to isolate the fire bolts mod). I then proceeded to reroll some of the crafts to get that fire bolts mod on them. Also went to GK, got another helm with the wanted mod on it. Fail, fail, fail "The item is too complex for your skill level" (meaning the helms are 70 and my augmenting is capped at 50 still).

That's a lot of gems, quite a lot of helms decomposed for beads, a loooot of phlogiston, some cash and no result...well, a negative result because my item is now at 0% durability. Oh, I also got 3 augments that I did not want. I understand that the proc is governed by rng (yes, I'm not very lucky with proc-ing crafts but I accept that explanation)
    . The rest is not supposed to be subject to rng though, why cap the augmenting skill level at 50 when everything else was raised at 60 or 70. And if I accept that's not happening yet, I'm stuck at 50 and because of that I fail in 90 % of the extractions, why not at least allow us to transmute skill mods into generic mods so at least we don't extract the wrong mod. As it is now it's a double chance to fail, pretty much a chance of about 5% of success based on my experience only. So I fail on a 70 item about 90 % of the time and when I don't fail there's a 50-50 chance to extract the wrong mod.
    I mean it's too much fail for a crafter who is max level in both augmenting and transmuting.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-31-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not craft too much recently (focusing more on leveling diffrent skills atm) but tbh i didnt noticed too many wrong skills on crafting.

Hoever i do noticed that quite often crafted item ended up legacy, because they had mods for more than 2 skills (tough it happened mostly when i used redwall as secondary gem).

About rerolling mods - yet again i didnt do it much recently, especialy after GK update, but i dont thnk i noticed it rolling the same mods too much. Not more than it used to anyway. Yeh it happened to me few times, but i would say its rather bad luck (as usual for me when RNG is involed) than some bug. Then again, i didnt transmute that much (only like 1-2 mods for 5 or so items).

About losing max-enchantign after exchanging gear - this is actualy not a bug. Im pretty sure golem says that you will get normal version of item. And beside one of devs ( i think srand) said its intended when golem was introduced.

And yes i think that agumentation shoudl get lv cap increase asap.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't see why an augmentation level cap increase should be a priority. Isn't it already a problem that people have loot that outscales content, making feedback less useful?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because at level 70 combat skills, level 70 crafting skills it would be very useful to actually be able to craft the highest, best gear in game and see how that actually looks like in terms of testing. Why would feedback be less valuable if I was able to make the best armor in the game according to my skills (which I wasn't just given btw I leveled those through hard work). In terms of effort versus reward I feel it's unrewarding to level transmutation and augmentation since the first doesn't seem to work as intended and augmentation is useless past level 60.
    I wasn't talking about loot (except pointing out a bug) I am talking about crafting skills. I am aware that some people prefer not to touch crafts and just do combat but crafting is a major part of the game. Why is it a priority to raise all combat skills to 70 but not a craft skill that's directly involved in gear crafting?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Because at level 70 combat skills, level 70 crafting skills it would be very useful to actually be able to craft the highest, best gear in game and see how that actually looks like in terms of testing. Why would feedback be less valuable if I was able to make the best armor in the game according to my skills (which I wasn't just given btw I leveled those through hard work). In terms of effort versus reward I feel it's unrewarding to level transmutation and augmentation since the first doesn't seem to work as intended and augmentation is useless past level 60.
    I wasn't talking about loot (except pointing out a bug) I am talking about crafting skills. I am aware that some people prefer not to touch crafts and just do combat but crafting is a major part of the game. Why is it a priority to raise all combat skills to 70 but not a craft skill that's directly involved in gear crafting?
    I think Citan has said more than once that dungeons are intended to be balanced around pink gear (or maybe blue?). Since the highest level dungeon is level 70, top quality level 70 gear already outpaces that, so the content isn't in place where that gear is the most useful for testing purposes. I'm going on memory though; i might be wrong.

I suppose testing T&A themselves is not entirely un-useful, but i'd imagine balancing combat content needs a lot more data, relatively speaking.
    Last edited by alleryn; 03-31-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Thread Footer