Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "So, if you kept rerolling the first mod, a random mod sequence might look like: A > C > E > G > A > E > D > F > C > G > H ...

If I follow Khaylara's decription correctly, she is instead seeing: A > C > A > D > A > D > A > C > A > C > A > C > A > D..."

That's the most accurate description. I underlined part of Tagamogi's post because it is not a matter of narrowing pool and not having mods available. If I get only mods I want on an item with 1 exception and I try to reroll that exception, what happens is what the quote says. Still plenty mods to roll from but the rerolling keeps bouncing between the same 2-3 useless ones.

I just want it to be understood-I am rerolling a chestpiece mods while having other few chestpieces in my backpack so I can clearly see what mods are available. I repeat, it's not a matter of mods not being available it's the fact that some mods seems stuck in a loop. Crap mods only get rerolled into other 1-2 crap mods and nice mods follow the same pattern.

I'd really like Citan's input on this.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 04-21-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it always goes back to the first one when you reroll, then away to others?

That looks like a simple rand() scope fail.

I was wondering if it was an exclusion fail, but if it's constantly picking A then only not picking A when it's being excluded then there's a random scope failure (it means the odds aren't working right).
    Last edited by Crissa; 04-21-2017 at 08:57 PM.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #33
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, when it comes to the treasure system, I usually need VERY specific info, right down to the exact mods, monsters, items, and skills in question.

I'll use the discussion about transmutation as an example. You say there aren't enough mods showing up when Transmuting? There's at least three possible causes for that:

It could be because the item is designed for lower-level monsters but is being dropped by a high-level monster by mistake. In that case, the item's internal "points" won't be enough to afford good high-level mods, so all it can afford is a few crappy ones. If that's the case, the problem is that the monster shouldn't drop that item! I'd need to know what exact item it is, what level mods of it has, the item's skills, and what monster you got it from.

But that's only one possibility. Mods can have rarity restrictions -- a few mods can only show up on Epic and Legendary items. If the item's rarity isn't good enough, Transmuting will never give those mods. But that's rare, since only a few mods are set up that way.

Much more common is that its dice-roll weight is too low or too high. Each mod has its own chance of showing up, and some mods are intentionally MUCH more common than others. For instance, the mods that boost base-damage multiplier are 5x to 10x more common than other mods. So sometimes, what you're seeing is intentional. But sometimes I just didn't set a number right somewhere. To find that, I'd again need to know everything about what you're doing, and which mods you're seeing in Transmute, and which ones you think you should be able to, but are never showing up.

There's lots of other possible causes, too. Without a really thorough report, I can't do much. I know it's tough to get all the info, but it's necessary because the treasure system is SUPER complicated. It's a huge part of the game, and it does a LOT of things! There's literally 100,000+ numbers involved in there, so finding a bad number is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Other things mentioned:

- a higher cap for transmutation: it's on the todo list, and will be coming soon!

- turning mods into generics: not coming back. It turned out that nobody actually wanted generics, they ONLY used it to simplify mod extraction. But mod-extraction is supposed to be risky.

- seeing too many random skillsets on items : I need specifics here. The exact item, where you got it, what skills or gems, what skill-sets you're seeing show up. There's a ton of possible causes. I looked for a general problem for this back when I first saw it reported by Khaylara, but there's nothing obvious from the info I've seen reported. So if you have more info, that'd be great.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "It could be because the item is designed for lower-level monsters but is being dropped by a high-level monster by mistake. In that case, the item's internal "points" won't be enough to afford good high-level mods, so all it can afford is a few crappy ones." --- It feels like this but applied to crafted items too. I asked in game aswell people on about the same level, one of them posted in this thread too, they reached about the same conclusion. Most of my "experiments" were done on amazing winter gear crafts and on Gazluk Keep drops. I will make notes next time I try but generally speaking it's what you said. Like 1 or 2 mods decide "we're not rerolling into better mods and that's that".

"- a higher cap for transmutation: it's on the todo list, and will be coming soon!" ---great news! I can deal with the risk of extracting the wrong mod if it doesn't fully fail.

"- seeing too many random skillsets on items : I need specifics here. The exact item, where you got it, what skills or gems, what skill-sets you're seeing show up. There's a ton of possible causes. I looked for a general problem for this back when I first saw it reported by Khaylara, but there's nothing obvious from the info I've seen reported. So if you have more info, that'd be great."--Kinda hard here because most of my drops come from GK and i distill them in there. What I mean is I use fire+staff and I get yellow drops with bat+necromancy on them. Or sword+BC etc. Overall they seem to be way too many and most of those come from corpses not chests. Like the loot generator gets confused somehow. There's also a lot of drops with 1 skill and most of these issues seem to occur exactly on the highest tier yellow gear to the point where I get 6 yellow drops from a GK run and only one has fire+staff on it. The rest of 5 are either 1 skill or with skills that I don't have or don't use. I'll try to keep few next time and post them or sent in a bug report. It's not character specific though, others experience the same thing.

edit-a quote from Aws in this thread, he used to run GK a lot so a decent source when it comes to rerolling mods on orc gear
    " Mod re-rolling:
    Similar experience to Khaylara. I used 1200+ phlog recently and ended up leaving most of the items in the bank waiting for the cool down."
    Last edited by Khaylara; 04-22-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I sent an ingame report with some of the drops that had random skills on them, overall about 1/3rd seems to fall into that category.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citan... I never know who dropped what. Even if I looted it! I have a pack of crap and I might remember where a yellow came from (tho most of mine came from the store) but... I doubt I'll recall that by the time I'm augmenting it.

...It might be pretty cool if items remembered where they came from. Heck, identifying that could be another skill like augmentation! Then I could say, 'oh, hey, that's neat' while at the store then go hunting the critter that dropped it ^-^

Could the description include that information?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Update - I ran GK last night again, out of 4 bosses 3 dropped items with unsuitable skillsets on them, for example for my char with UA+mentalism golem dropped a katar with UA+ment+psychology requirement (my psych is very low if i even have it on that char). I got various other skillsets on the other boss drops (Beakhorse and Zavamux or whatever the name is lol) so items I'm unable to use. My theory is the loot generator reads the highest damage dealing skill and it wasn't a skill I used(ie I got psychology requirement on the katar because 2 group members have psychology and at least one is modded for psychology damage).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I've done to correct any loot issues is set the loot option to turns verses all. Because the bosses let anyone look it, it won't matter except for trash.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    What I've done to correct any loot issues is set the loot option to turns verses all. Because the bosses let anyone look it, it won't matter except for trash.
    That's an odd fix but thank you, we'll try it next time. I got a lot of unusable items again today, wish I read this earlier

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that you can get your group-partners' loot is just weird. Perhaps it shouldn't generate the actual stats until a player touches it?

Thread Footer