Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread: LitRPG
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THANK YOU.

i am getting Starforce. it looks Huge... ill reply after the first read

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FURY View Post
    Ready Player One (closer to a sci-fi book but really good, its just a single book)
    This is one of my favourite books!

I'm not familiar with this genre but I may look into it, sounds interesting. That said I wouldn't classify Ready Player in it, as the 'MMO world' is virtual reality and its more of a [love letter to pop culture] to sounds pretentious about it.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes, I've also read a lot of these you've mentioned, and I enjoyed most of them. Honestly, I find most of them to be an easy, fun read.

An unmentioned book I loved was: More Than A Game (Fayroll Book 1). Actually my all-time favorite lit RPG novel.

My obsession series that I binge read at one time, have reread, or read a new issue everyone it's released:
    Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
    Ark
    Dungeon Hunter
    Dimensional Sovereign...At least until things get out of control.

New series/books I love a lot right now:
    Acquiring Talent in A Dungeon

Series I intend to read:
    No Game, No Life

My opinion on the genre itself:
    Fans of the light novel or litrpg genres tend to consume series exceptionally fast. This leads to authors trying to stay ahead of them as they produce. They burn out quickly. In addition the main character is usually somehow quite overpowered, and series end or readers stop reading when the MC reaches god-like level. Overall, I think this is a new genre in its infancy in the Western world, at least. It's exceptionally great BC it allows us to feed our addiction for game mechanics and video games without requiring us to play them...Since they're typically total crap anyway these days.

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just curious... are there any of these with a CYOA (choose your own adventure) type of mechanic?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Hobbit isn't, then Ready Player One definitely isn't, either, since the MMO leveling is a sidequest to the novel.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed ready player one but would not really call it litrpg. Though its only 5 or 6 years old from what I can tell most of the English litrpgs seem younger.
    It seems to be a genre really which has begun with the translation of the older popular Korean and Russian series, which are very good.

There is also the much older Joel Rosenberg novels that are similar where a group of dungeons and dragon players cross over. There good not too dissimilar to the current caverns and creatures series, there also humorous and worth a look.

For me at least the litrpgs I enjoy have character leveling often pets and guilds perhaps even player owned towns everything you would expect from a game. There are common themes, often the character is trapped within somehow though not always.

In many due to there writing for different cultures they can seem a little strange to me at least ,Mushoku Tensei for example or even in moonlight sculptor the main character at times can be a bit of a jerk.

As for a novel you can make choices with I've not seen one of them in 25 yrs or so, would be a pain on my kobo for sure. Ebooks are great but jumping around in them even to view maps etc is annoying, the 1 thing that I do actually miss from the old paper format.

Glad I found this post today gives me yet more books to look out for.
    Last edited by Celler; 03-15-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A month or so ago I found a site that lists quite alot of the asian novels available. it's a great site for ppl who've read a lot in the VRMMO or LitRPG genre and want to read more, but are ok with reading stuff thats a bit different. Or its a good site for ppl who like the idea, but don't want to read a story with very obvious game elements. Finally, its also a great site for discovering highly rated series from Asia that you didnt know about before or that aren't available at all on Amazon.

http://www.novelupdates.com/list-tags/

Visit this page and pick a tag you're interested in, then sort by Rank. if that's too overwhelming though,

http://www.novelupdates.com/stag/vrmmorpg/ Visit this link and filter the page by Rank. Already, you should find many new options.

To help you narrow down your research time, other tags I like, but not the only good ones, are "Level System" for litrpg type stories, and "Game Elements" for a story with less focus on the game itself and a more "fluid" approach.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you are interested this site can provide info for this type of genre books

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...-genre.399615/

thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorKazim View Post
    if you are interested this site can provide info for this type of genre books

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...-genre.399615/

thank you.
    I have opened this link and I think all the info about the book you are talking about has been given on this link post.
    So what else you wanted to know about this book, can you tell me about this book?
    Last edited by dustine79; 03-27-2023 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Litrpg are fun reads but I have 2 complaints with the genre
    1. often overly focussed on the gaining and description of new skills, especially during level up. tedious
    2. bad editing

Thread Footer