Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Magic feels broken

So I leveled Fire magic up to 60 the whole time struggling to aquire matts and spending all my councils on recipes and reagents for the spells. In the end I discovered the reagents for lvl 55-70 are so painstakingly hard to get after 4 days of searching vendors and grinding for Tattered Red books or Explosive Runestones which never even dropped I'm giving in. Not only is fire magic extremely hard to learn the higher tier recipes I constantly feel like it weaker than many other skills. I would say a good 20-30% of npcs are resistant to fire if not damn near immune and to top that fire magic generates a extremely high amount of rage often leading to my demise. I mean Im a fire mage that can't even keep myself warm in winter maps...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fire magic was my first skill I got to 70. I switched to archer because fire magic had a lack of damage, insane power cost and exactly what you said, things are resistant or totally immune at times. Also at the time spells required guano which was about 20-40k pr to buy them. I really enjoy fire magic but in its current state I don't find it a good choice in the new content.
    -BestPk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea I was surprised by how low the damage output is. Fire Breathe is my main attack and is set up to do AOE damage, but literally consumes 45% of my power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fire breath is more than double the power cost of Heavy Multishot, it has a quarter of the range and the damage is a good chunk less. Not to mention that almost all of the mobs you will be fighting at lvl 70 will have resistance to fire. I needs some attention
    -BestPk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate your responses I play with a friend and up until recently I thought I just sucked at life. His DPS output (sword/psychology) on our lastest boss autopsy was 1500me+280firewall and he was around 5,500. After what you said about firebreathe I looked into a Ring of Fire build, but the return DMG/DPS to caster looks like would just insta kill you without building up huge resistance to fire yourself. I'm going to keep my Mentalism but I think I'll be trading out fire Magic for Necromancy for a Wave of Darkness build.

Thread Footer