Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: November 10, 2023

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...vember-10-2023

Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.
    -ADMIN- Lemons
    -GUIDE- Sims

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is that the update notes left so, so, SO much out. The note suggest just a minor update. The reality? Good lord.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, love the new update. The new dungeon is great in terms of actually feeling like a huge place to explore with tons of secrets to find. I like that you made the points of interest quests as well, because it makes it so much easier to keep track of them.

My only complaints are that there's no repeatable xogrite farm in the new dungeon, so you basically have to rely on the barters and quests in povus. I'm not a huge fan of just setting an alarm to go to povus to turn in the quests/barters each game day and the night invasion still seems to not reward that much xogrite. It still doesn't seem worthwhile to do the night defence of povus, outside of maybe the bonus nights.

Other than that, my only complaint is that pretty much the whole of the new dungeon is non-elite. I think that was done to make it soloable, but honestly it's too difficult to be soloed without dying every 2 minutes. The cocks calling in the nightmare cave suggest it's not supposed to be soloed, yet everything is non-elite so group members fight for loot. It's OK in a group of 2 or 3 though, which is probably what is intended. I just wish there was a bit more for the groups of 6, as there only seems to be one area with the spiders and mummies, which isn't enough for multiple groups and on its own is pretty small. The aktaari caves area feels very strange being non-elite too, since that feels like it's designed to be like the povus nights and done by even more than 6 players. I know there's no loot on the mobs, but making them non-elite makes it much harder for tanks, since a lot of tank mitigation is elite only and the guardians especially completely destroy even full tank builds.

Thread Footer