Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daily Dungeon Quest Change

Hello everyone, I'm somewhat new to the game. Based on my experiences so far, I had an idea for a change to the daily dungeon quests. I wanted to get feedback from the community, assuming this wouldn't be too complex for the devs to consider implementing.

One of the issues I've had so far is the grouping experience. In the lower levels, it's difficult finding others to group with for certain dungeons. When I do find people, it's usually a game of trying to loot and run as fast as possible so I'm not left behind. While this is great for xp and loot, it's not particularly fun. So i have two propositions.

1. Introduce a daily for lower levels accessible in Serbule through Pennoc or something. Have one for levels 20 and under and then one for those around level 30.

2. This is probably the more important one for me and the dungeon experience. Cap level, gear, and skills when someone picks up the daily. Have it be like a curse that affects you and your whole group (or people will just take turns doing the daily). If you want to remove the curse, complete the quest or abandon it.

For example, if you pick up the current Qatik quest which is recommended for level 40, have the level and gear cap at 50. All your level bonuses for 51+ will be removed. All equipped mods would also be capped at their level 50 treasure effects. All skills will be converted to their sub 50 versions. If you get a skill at a level higher than the cap, ex. the 1-20 daily has a level 20 cap but you first get a skill at 25, reduce it to it's lowest base (please don't remove skills which kills someone's rotation). Anyone with levels or gear below the cap will not have those affected.

This should add more of a challenge than the current speedruns, while still rewarding those who have painstakingly set their gear mods. They will have a much easier time than those still wearing random drops they've found. It will also open up the opportunity of grouping to newer and lower level players much earlier, enhancing the experience of especially those who mostly play these games for the group content like myself.

For anyone who likes power creep, that's perfectly fine as well. They can run the dungeon without the daily and use the portal to enter solo or with others who want to take advantage of the portal to a dungeon. I believe the quest rewards are significant enough to warrant some sort of challenge while teaching grouping mechanics in prep for the higher level zones. I personally run the daily as many times as possible even after I've completed it.

I just want to group and not feel like I have to wait until 70+ to experience some sort of normal dungeon experience. Nor can people currently mentor down as far as I'm aware. It's unrealistic to expect to consistently find five others who also want to group and have roughly my level with such a small community.

What are your thoughts as people who have put in many more hours in-game than I have?
    Last edited by FeastyCentral; 09-10-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Thread Footer