Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been having a ton of fun playing Project Gorgon

I am an 'old-school MMO player, I started with EQ in the late 90s, and played SWG, City of Heroes/Villains, WoW, EQ2, and all the classics.

I picked up Project Gorgon during the recent steam sale and set my expectations low as no newer MMO has really done it for me like the older ones did (Lost Ark was fun up till 50 and then it turned into a tedious job that needed a lot of gold). I have now been playing Project Gorgon for 400 hours. This game is a ton of fun in a way I haven't had in over a decade.

You can mix and match any two classes (With some caveats, you can't be a swordsman and use hammers as they are both main hand only weapons) which makes for a TON of customization in your build. There are also several animal classes which have various methods of transfiguration from potions to curses.

Speaking of curses, pretty much every "boss" named enemy in the game has a curse they can afflict you with and they only go away if you kill the boss. Some can even be beneficial to an extent, or change your class entirely.

Gear is not at all random as I thought it was when I started. Essentially gear has base stats, a sword may require a sword level to equip, and then it has sort of a pseudo-affix system where it can roll random bonuses based on your current two combat classes. If I am currently psychology/rabbit gear will usually drop with psychology and/or rabbit effects that buff your skills (or change them entirely, giving them knockbacks, turning them into AoEs, changing the damage type, adding a dot, etc.)

There are SOOO many skills in this game and there are synergies between them. I am still learning a lot about the game but I have two combat classes at level 50 (The first ceiling, you have to earn favor with specific NPCs which isn't very difficult for most, and then pay them to increase the level cap.)

I am having an absolute blast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Project: Gorgon has given me an immense enjoyment since starting last week!

You're absolutely right about tons of customization. I've been messing with Bard/Shield, and it's been crazy amounts of fun standing there, dumping AoE discord damage while thorns damaging the oncoming groups of enemies. That plus all the skills gives me something to work on at all times, since there's always something I'm looking at and wondering how to approach it.

Number one thing I've really appreciated is that this game runs very well on Linux! I end up switching back and forth between my desktop and laptop, and having it run on Linux means I don't have to worry about dealing with a VM, nor having to directly interact with Proton/Wine! It's so rare to find a development team who actively help keep games on that forefront, and I'm thankful to them every single day I get to boot it up~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a ton of customization, and you are 100% correct. It's been insanely entertaining for me to stand there toying with Bard/Shield.the backrooms

Thread Footer