Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Povus-palooza 3

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Povus-palooza 3

Povus-palooza #3 - Sunday 7/31 @ 1:15PM ET

+ Changes from last Palooza: None!, The last palooza event went quite smoothly - no changes to the format/timing

What: Povus-palooza is the premier Povus-defending party squad. (With free alcohol, food, buffs, drugs, etc.). This event is open to players of all levels and involves players overwhelming one of the highest-difficulty areas in the game. I expect the event to last 1-2 hours. (Varies depending on difficulty and average duration of quests)
    + See here for a short video from the first event!
    + If you're interested in helping host or willing to provide anything, please post here or reach out to me on Discord!

When: [Sunday 7/31] at 1:15PM ET (~23 [24-1] Hours After Poetry Jam)
    - Officially, dance brews will be dropped when the in-game clock strikes 3PM - I highly advise you log in early as the first ~25 minutes of the event (party + free stuff) is synchronized to finish as the Povus night defense event starts.

Where: The event starts at Serbule Inn with a dance party, everyone is welcome to attend regardless of if you want to join for the Povus defense! After the party we will grab some buffs in Serbule and then portal to Povus for handing out the remainder of the free stuff/buffs.

Why? The goal is to fully clear a Povus night event mission and have fun going overboard with buffs. What better way to convince people to risk their lives fighting horrors in a disease infested swamp than with a party that has free booze, charcuterie, tonics, and drugs!

Anything else? - Yes I'm glad you asked!
    1. I would love to hear your ideas for how we can improve the event.
    2. We have the opportunity to strategize and organize ahead of time, feel free to post and discuss additional ideas here. I have some ideas already below.

Strategies:
    1. There's a small window of time where we can light lamps before monsters spawn at 8PM in-game time. With enough players, in theory we could complete the lamp-lighting quest instantly.
    2. If we find ourselves in a ghost-heavy set of events, we may need extra stuns. Paralyzing traps (from Rahu Sewers) and the ability "stake to the heart" are good options for players who don't have skills with stuns.
    3. Be prepared to need to fix broken bones and/or to help fix the broken bones of our tanks
    4. If you're able to heal and/or tank I expect those roles will be in higher-demand but it would be helpful to have other sets of gear ready.
    5. Set party loot rules to allow anyone to loot corpses (this will give the lower-level players more to do as well!)
    6. Do bury things
    7. See here for a map of the zones of the town along with lantern locations for the first quest.
    8. Note that the southern and eastern edges/outskirts of the town have a more dangerous respawn location than the rest of the town.

Timeline

Free stuff
    + While I am happy and able to fully host this event, please let me know if you would like to contribute anything!
    + As usual I will be providing free cheeses along with deploying multiple buff displays/candles/statues/etc.

I hope to see you there!
    Last edited by ChompyNibblers; 07-18-2022 at 05:36 AM.

Thread Footer