Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then holey cow, I have to agree with Melkhi here. It really seems that cow is now a beefed up version of what staff/shield was the past year. Better, including universal, mitigations paired with an ability to still perform while stunned (it even gets a serious damage boost while stunned) while also getting a boost in damage and no negatives (like the nerf to damage for bulwark). It all seems a bit much.
    It seems more logical to me to not get the buff to stampede while stunned but maybe some extra oompf to moo and chew. And maybe some kind of a negative for cow, like with bulwark, would bring it more in line with other tank skills (maybe cows could only be able to eat certain types of food?)
    Overall though, I think cow is now the new tanky outlier and probably could do with a bit of temperance in mitigation and damage numbers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the changes to ice armor are debatable, especially compared to the mitigations of other tanks, but I like the other changes to ice and the possibility to still being able to do something while stunned is really nice.

Ice does feel quite niche to me though, mostly because of ice immunities/resistances among mobs. What I would really like to see would be something like a set of beakers/flasks that maybe turn one or more ice type damages into something else, like acid or poison. A bit like the GK sword that turns slashing into fire damage.

I can't comment much on the psych changes yet, but by the looks of it they look nice. I still would like to see something "special" though (sorry for sounding a little spoiled here, I think the game is fantastic). Something group support/buff/mitigation-wise, I dunno, call it "group therapy" or something. I think that would really pique my interest (and some of my fellow guildies as well, I think)

Anyhow, thanks for the latest updates and all the work you guys are putting in, it's really awesome.
    Last edited by Arquin; 06-15-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try and keep it brief for once:

Cow changes are probably a little bit too good but I really like the idea of certain abilities being usable while stunned.

Animal travel mode is great, please bring it for the other animal forms too.

I don't think unarmed needs any more buffs now. Getting to remove your own stuns is another really cool idea, but this combined with the cow buffs has brought cow/unarmed to be a bit too good now imo. Unsure if unarmed needs a nerf, but if it does it would only be minor and also personally I would prefer development time to be spent elsewhere than on minor balance changes.

I've done a few runs of GK, WT and FF since the update and I think the FF and WT changes are perfectly fine. Hotfeather now has a slightly different strategy in most groups which is nice, all other WT bosses are just a bit tougher - this is ok. FF is similar, most of the bosses just feel a bit tougher now. Imarak and the bear bosses hp are on the verge of too much hp and both Imarak and the peacemaster are probably super hard without a healer now (I've only tried him with a healer in the group since the update and it was relatively hard with a 4 player group). One other thing though, are you sure you buffed the loot on the FF bosses? I don't have a large sample size, but nearly all of them just dropped one item for me and it was usually a blue. I did get 1 yellow as a boss drop but it would be nice to see the bosses drop 2-3 items each.

GK though I think was overtuned. I mean it is supposed to be a level 70 dungeon right? I don't mind changing some of the adds to be elite, I think it works well in the fights and makes the adds a bit more meaningful. But changing the healing crystals for the healing suit tester to have literally 80x the hp they had previously AND respawn quicker and heal more is just a bit absurd. It's a harder fight than anything in WT. Arkura too has a huge call radius that makes the fight harder than the WT equivalent, hot feather and the whole situation just reminds me of when labs, a lvl 60 dungeon was harder than gk, a lvl 70 dungeon. Haven't even tried the slime post patch yet but I'm imagining an even harder version of Claudia that I'm sure would give the average lvl 70 player nightmares.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have buffed chew cud or stampede, not both. Lesser nerf: remove new stampede mods. Greater nerf: remove new chew cud mods. Either way, you're going to have to cast chew cud, so it's a greater nerf to force us to continue spamming stampede too. Further, if you nerf either of these, it may be wise to give cow a little bit more elemental mitigation.

There's a phantom dot issue that's most prevalent in GK. I posted in bug discussions with videos. It involves dots remaining on you after the dot icon wears off... and does not always go away with death.

Non-elites with 10k hp are just weird and extremely annoying to tank (notably FF). Tons of mitigation is restricted to elites now, swarming us with extremely high hp non-elites is kind of a dick move. Just make them elite and reward us for killing high hp mobs.

Cow's riding ability should give grass, not use it. Please. However, this gets to another point, why is animal riding all-around better than hands-based riding? I thought being an animal meant we were cursed?
    Last edited by Ranperre; 06-18-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only annoyances I find about the non elites mentioned above is directly related to FF. With how crazy some mitigation is it's at least a weird workaround to the tank actually taking some meaningful damage even if it can feel a bit odd at times. There are plenty of other ways to achieve this effect though so it's not exactly a super strong selling point. As to the above mentioned FF It's just hands down a worse dungeon to run for time spent and the non elites only add to that. WT blows it out of the water in terms of loot amount and phlog for your time. Mayhaps when it's eventually "finished' and expanded upon these things might change.

As to the animal mount thing and 'curse' it's a bit early to be overly worrying about what is faster or better when the system is in its baby stages and not even implemented for most animals as is. When Gen2 happens and things start to take shape with breeding and it shows to be an issue that would probably be the best time to really focus in on that outside of maybe some crazy outlier issues before then. For the Curse portion I see this brought up time and time again for many topics when it comes to animal forms. While I'd like to see more negatives overall for all sorts of choice skills or aforementioned animal forms, the idea they should be less at all manner of things more than bipeds due to it being a curse just seems weird. Doubly so in the department of movement speed considering how agile and fast most of these animals actually are in real life. While I get it's an MMO and you can't always be hyper realistic the development team really did nail a lot of the feel on most of the forms. Having aspects that separate the animals and even separates animals from bipeds in small ways like certain ones being amazing at acceleration but a slower overall max speed or vice versa just makes sense.

I'd have to agree with Ranperre on the giving grass portion though as it then just plays well into using it for chew cud and such. Sprinting around doing your normal stuff collecting grass for later use just feels like a rewarding system of it as opposed to constantly having to farm hay bales just to even use your mount effectively.

Meant to touch this topic earlier but got distracted with all the other things from the patch. People seem to get offended when even mentioning Deathcore as of late or anything to do with these alternative modes of gameplay as they feel it takes time away from development or that it's stupid and barely played. Obviously I feel different as I've written a ton in the past about fleshing it out via content or fun lore additions but beyond that point in its current iteration Deathcore just seems a bit lacking? I don't mean only in providing buffs or the like, albeit unique options would never hurt. Tons of people only play Lycan during the Full Moon and to the best of my knowledge can benefit from these newly improved buffs even outside of Lycan form so I see no logical reason Hardcore or other possible modes can't have their own unique things.

The whole no release thing just seems like part of a larger system that got chopped down and tacked on. In it's current form without it requiring anything specialized I find it even easier than normal Hardcore. Before I would just instant release and hope it didn't break 19 items and literally everything I wore. Now I either actively ask a friend nearby if it's from a silly dumb death like a Dickweed being a dick or getting disconnected mid fight and logging back in dead. That or keep a stockpile of Greens and Use them further mitigating any negative as I can throw currency at the issue. Sure I could have before but now as there is no choice it just makes it easier. Something like a heavy debuff or timed random curse could help in this situation in actually adding a level of difficulty/punishment as opposed to slight annoyance via the current system. I get this system will never have an extremely large player base but there are plenty who are interested and I bet even more would If it ever got literally anything Unique added to it. As i've mentioned in the past even in it's barest form of what we have now I have plenty willing to join me in an Orc Hardcore guild so it's not like there is zero interest and I'm only speaking for my own benefit.
    Last edited by Melkhiresa; 06-18-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've actually made the cow/unarmed build and have played it a ton now. It's actually super fun to play and reminds me of how fun tanking used to be. It has great movement speed, I can actually still do things while stunned and using abilities doesn't root you in place. I think it's a bit too strong in GK, but that is probably fine because it's a lvl 70 dungeon and I'm coming at it from the perspective of a maxed player. My only issue is that if you get stunned while using an ability that is supposed to be able to be used stunned, it cancels the ability use, so chain stuns can still mess you up even when you're supposed to be able to use abilities.

I don't remember if I've said it before, but I've definitely submitted it as feedback in game but we really need the hobgoblin area of fungal fortress to be bigger. A lot of people want to farm the dungeon for the best in slot shield, but when you realistically start doing it you end up waiting 5 minutes, just for 3-4 hobgoblins to respawn. Nobody has fun with this and so very few people want to do the dungeon especially given it's sparse loot drops. I don't mind the sparse loot drops, it just means you need to grind/farm, but then grinding/farming isn't fun or reasonable to do.

I don't know if the gobporters actually do anything in game, maybe nobody has figured them out yet, but if they don't do anything then maybe let them teleport you to a new area which has more hobgoblins. Just some kind of area so that by the time you've cleared it all out, the first bit has already fully respawned so you can farm it.

Thread Footer