Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorting the Quest List

Would it be possible to have a quest list that is sorted by Zone of where you got it? Or even sort it alphabetically? I find that sometimes I try to look up the Hunting Task I am on to see whether I have started it and have to scroll through the list a few times. While it's a minor annoyance, I think it would serve to tidy up the game experience a bit without making tasks feel spoon fed.

I think it would allow the player to focus on quests in the zone they are in without having to read through their quests 80 times. Right now it just sort of feels like a catch all than an actual, efficient quest list.
    "Sometimes, a good dagger is your only friend."

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is likely to be part of the new UI changes. ( I say that a lot lately, I just hope it's true. )

I definitely agree with you that the current quest list needs some sorting options. Just alphabetical would be a big help. Zones may not always be possible since a lot of quests can be completed in multiple zones.

I'd also love to be able to order the quest list myself, so I can set different priorities for what quests I want to work on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorting them by zone would be super handy, even by type would be nice.

Kill / Gather / Craft quests and the like.
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zones should include target or related zone, so that ones that send me through the crypt could be grouped, or ones through gobbos or whatnot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New player here.

Was about to post about the quest window/list with the Zone grouping (or tabs) or some kind of sorting/filtering mechanism and then found this topic.

After running around through several zones and getting all the quests I could find without actually completing any... that list is now a monster. Especially if you take a break for a few days and then try to figure out where to go and what to do, which items you need, who is %NPC vendor name% and where is he/she, etc... ended up with 30 open wiki tabs on a separate monitor and had to resort to Excel sheets (Eve Online?) for each quest zone. Some people might /ragequit after a few days vacation from the game.
    It does get a bit too much "old school" in this state. Don't get me wrong, I like the old school vibe (was hand drawing maps for text-based adventure games when I played them 25+ years ago) but I believe it could be a major turn-off for the younger generation. Just my 2 cents. o/
    Last edited by Majst0r; 04-09-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Thread Footer